DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   I'm in love. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/143068-im-love.html)

Adam Haro February 4th, 2009 03:15 PM

I'm in love.

I bought the neatvideo plugin for Premiere after reading about it on the forums. I shot a wedding last week with my GL2 where the reception was in an extremely dark room, just a touch above candle light.
Using a small amount of the neatvideo plugin has made what would be marginal footage look great.
Anybody else using it?
Are there even better plugins than this that should be considered?

Chris Barcellos February 4th, 2009 03:16 PM

Got some before and after for us ?

Adam Haro February 4th, 2009 03:19 PM

Sure, as soon as the computers done rendering in about 15min. I'll post some pics.

Ryan Morey February 4th, 2009 03:42 PM

wow that plugin looks awesome! I can't wait to so your before and after!

Ryan

Adam Haro February 4th, 2009 03:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The first pic is how the footage originally looked straight off the GL2 (no camera was usedfor this shot).
The second is using the shadow/highlight effect.
The third is after adding a bit of the neatvideo plugin.

Ryan Morey February 4th, 2009 03:51 PM

holy moly...What a difference...great to see that you were able to save the footage.

Ryan

Adam Haro February 4th, 2009 03:54 PM

Most of the reception was shot with a 50watt camera light that worked out well but I didn't want to blind people as the b&g were going around table to table. I think it worked well and beats just using a blur.

Chris Barcellos February 4th, 2009 06:38 PM

Boy, that is really an extreme shooting situation, looks like to me.... Thanks for the tip on this plug in....

Tripp Woelfel February 4th, 2009 08:17 PM

I know that sometime, somewhere, I'm gonna need this. Could be a hundred bucks well spent.

Any info on the cost in render time? Also, does it play well with other effects on the same clip?

I have one clip on a 30 second spot I'm doing (in HD) where this might work really well.

Ethan Cooper February 4th, 2009 09:54 PM

They've been saying they're working on the Mac version forever. For now I bought the still photo version and export out TIFF sequences of terribly noisy shots I have to use. It's a pain in the butt, but it works fairly well. Maybe one day they'll get that Mac version out cause it's a wonderful plugin.

Adam Haro February 4th, 2009 11:15 PM

It is pretty slow to render. Not terrible but slow. I rendered a clip using the shadow/highlight adjustment and also the color corrector, after those rendered I re-rendered it using the neatvideo plugin, neatvideo took about twice as long as rendering the other 2 effects. I've used it on some clips with Magic Bullet plugins, color corrector, shadow/highlight and slow motion and theres been no issues at all.
I'm starting to sound like a neatvideo salesman, but it really did save my butt on some of these clips.

Nigel Barker March 31st, 2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper (Post 1006786)
They've been saying they're working on the Mac version forever. For now I bought the still photo version and export out TIFF sequences of terribly noisy shots I have to use. It's a pain in the butt, but it works fairly well. Maybe one day they'll get that Mac version out cause it's a wonderful plugin.

February 10, 2009

Neat Video for After Effects CS4 / CS3 (Mac)

The first version of Neat Video for Mac OSX is available!

Neat Video - best noise reduction for digital video

Ethan Cooper March 31st, 2009 08:44 AM

Someone call me when they release a FCP compatible plugin.

Carl Wilky March 31st, 2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp Woelfel (Post 1006744)
I know that sometime, somewhere, I'm gonna need this. Could be a hundred bucks well spent.

Any info on the cost in render time? Also, does it play well with other effects on the same clip?

I have one clip on a 30 second spot I'm doing (in HD) where this might work really well.

Does this plugin work on HD video?

Tom Alexander March 31st, 2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Wilky (Post 1037234)
Does this plugin work on HD video?

The "Home" version is limited to 720x576 pixels

The "Pro" Version is unlimited in frame size.