DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Facebook marketing (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/144540-facebook-marketing.html)

Matt Bishop February 24th, 2009 04:30 PM

Facebook marketing

The free kind......

I'm starting this thread due to a couple other questions that have I've been asked recently about marketing on facebook. I know this has been discussed regarding the paying options you have to advertise on facebook, but I'm focusing on what I can do for free in just networking with everyone who uses facebook.

Personally, I believe this is one of our stronger forms of marketing and it's working very well. It obviously requires some extra time to keep up with it but I've worked marketing through facebook into my daily schedule due to the amount of payoff. Here are some ways in which I really benefit from facebook.

1. Become friends with every couple that I book - I always add anyone who is on facebook and am able to communicate more and keep up with them throughout the year or so before their wedding. I truly believe this has helped the dynamic between the couples and us. It's not a vendor / bride relationship as much anymore and they are lot more comfortable with us on the wedding day. I can also look at their info, know what they like and don't like such as movies, music, etc.

2. Create a group or page - I've had a group for awhile and am just getting to setup the page now where people can become fans of my business. The group is nice because I have been able to email all members about new products and updates. Most of them follow that page and our blog and are very excited about new posts and products. This isn't as big of a deal to have but if you want to keep your personal page and business part separate, creating a group or page for the business is the way to go.

3. Post the videos on your page - or at least try :-) I've been tagged or something so everytime I put up a video it gets taken down due to copyrighted music but everyone else I've seen seems to have been able to keep their videos on the page or group. Once I put the videos up, I always tagged the people that were in the video and it posted this to their own wall on their page. This takes me to the next point.

4. THE MOST IMPORTANT - Post links on the couples page. I'll be honest. I look at people at each wedding, how many younger people are there, unmarried, etc and do the same thing for people on facebook. My latest client has over 700 friends on facebook. This is a jackpot to me. When I was finished with a segment of her video, I posted it on our blog. I then went directly to her page, posted a link on her wall that went straight to my blog and her video. 325 hits just on that video alone yesterday...plus all that traffic to my site and blog. I'm actually glad that I can't put up videos on facebook anymore. The quality isn't as good and i can't track things. It also doesn't take people to my site. Posting a link on their page gives me all of those things.

Most of the time I will do a trailer or highlights right after the wedding and use the same process to post that on my blog and then on facebook. The traffic is unbelievable and really gives a boost to my inquiries and business, but to the wedding video industry altogether. I don't know how many comments I've seen on brides pages that say they've never seen anything like it or oh, i wish i would have gotten a wedding video now. That's what makes this all worth the time.

I've personally booked 4 weddings straight from facebook in the last year. Keep in mind that everything that someone does on facebook, every page they are a fan of and every group they belong to are announced to everyone of their friends in one way or another. This massive network of people allows the work to get around and get talked about.

if you want to be my friend on facebook, look me up :-) Matt Bishop , davenport, IA

SiuChung Leung February 24th, 2009 08:30 PM

Great post, learn a lot.

I am just wondering, do you create an account for your business or you create a group/page for your business? I tried to create an account for my business and Facebook won't allow it.

Matt Bishop February 24th, 2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiuChung Leung (Post 1017905)
Great post, learn a lot.

I am just wondering, do you create an account for your business or you create a group/page for your business? I tried to create an account for my business and Facebook won't allow it.

you have to creat a personal account with your name first. It's up to you how much personal information you actually put on it. Then you can create a group/ page for the business specifically.

SiuChung Leung February 24th, 2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Bishop (Post 1017909)
you have to creat a personal account with your name first. It's up to you how much personal information you actually put on it. Then you can create a group/ page for the business specifically.

I see, then you use your personal account to connect your client and post stuff on their wall, manage your business page.

Thank you!

Noel Lising February 24th, 2009 09:17 PM

Thanks for the great marketing pointers Matt, I will do step 3 & 4. I have added you as well on Facebook.

I wonder if we should create a Facebook Group DVI Wedding Videographer, membership by invite only (i.e you should be a member of DVI).

Bryan Daugherty February 24th, 2009 10:46 PM

Matt thanks for the info, we have just started with Facebook recently and are trying to figure out the best way to do it. Appreciate your input, good info.

Noel- I would check with CH before making a facebook DVI group, he might want to run that himself...or he may welcome the assist...

Lukas Siewior February 25th, 2009 09:36 AM

Thx for the tips Matt. I's also trying to use facebook for advertising, but it's paid and doesn't seem like working. Will try your methods. :-)

SiuChung Leung February 26th, 2009 03:32 AM

First I would like to thanks Matt for the tips. I've create a page and using it to connect my client.

Now I've come up with one more thing to do with facebook page. More photo!

Unlike our video, photo won't taken down because of copyright....but where to get your photo? the answer is from your video.

Every time I finish a trailer or highlight, I will go though the video and capture some good frame as a photo for promotion purpose. About 10-13 for each wedding. Now with the facebook page, I will upload those photo on my page and tag the couples. 3 good things about it.

1. the couples a getter more photos, they will be happy.
2. more of their friends will check out the photos compare to video.
3. Lets people knows HD camera can produce decent photo as well.

John Moon February 27th, 2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Bishop (Post 1017779)
The free kind......

I'm starting this thread due to a couple other questions that have I've been asked recently about marketing on facebook. I know this has been discussed regarding the paying options you have to advertise on facebook, but I'm focusing on what I can do for free in just networking with everyone who uses facebook.

Personally, I believe this is one of our stronger forms of marketing and it's working very well. It obviously requires some extra time to keep up with it but I've worked marketing through facebook into my daily schedule due to the amount of payoff. Here are some ways in which I really benefit from facebook.

1. Become friends with every couple that I book - I always add anyone who is on facebook and am able to communicate more and keep up with them throughout the year or so before their wedding. I truly believe this has helped the dynamic between the couples and us. It's not a vendor / bride relationship as much anymore and they are lot more comfortable with us on the wedding day. I can also look at their info, know what they like and don't like such as movies, music, etc.

2. Create a group or page - I've had a group for awhile and am just getting to setup the page now where people can become fans of my business. The group is nice because I have been able to email all members about new products and updates. Most of them follow that page and our blog and are very excited about new posts and products. This isn't as big of a deal to have but if you want to keep your personal page and business part separate, creating a group or page for the business is the way to go.

3. Post the videos on your page - or at least try :-) I've been tagged or something so everytime I put up a video it gets taken down due to copyrighted music but everyone else I've seen seems to have been able to keep their videos on the page or group. Once I put the videos up, I always tagged the people that were in the video and it posted this to their own wall on their page. This takes me to the next point.

4. THE MOST IMPORTANT - Post links on the couples page. I'll be honest. I look at people at each wedding, how many younger people are there, unmarried, etc and do the same thing for people on facebook. My latest client has over 700 friends on facebook. This is a jackpot to me. When I was finished with a segment of her video, I posted it on our blog. I then went directly to her page, posted a link on her wall that went straight to my blog and her video. 325 hits just on that video alone yesterday...plus all that traffic to my site and blog. I'm actually glad that I can't put up videos on facebook anymore. The quality isn't as good and i can't track things. It also doesn't take people to my site. Posting a link on their page gives me all of those things.

Most of the time I will do a trailer or highlights right after the wedding and use the same process to post that on my blog and then on facebook. The traffic is unbelievable and really gives a boost to my inquiries and business, but to the wedding video industry altogether. I don't know how many comments I've seen on brides pages that say they've never seen anything like it or oh, i wish i would have gotten a wedding video now. That's what makes this all worth the time.

I've personally booked 4 weddings straight from facebook in the last year. Keep in mind that everything that someone does on facebook, every page they are a fan of and every group they belong to are announced to everyone of their friends in one way or another. This massive network of people allows the work to get around and get talked about.

if you want to be my friend on facebook, look me up :-) Matt Bishop , davenport, IA

Nice post Matt. We have also found decent success with FB. We book a fair number of weddings away from where we are located and it really helped us identify with the client a bit more. You get a glimpse of thier personality, music tastes, movies, etc. This is a covert way of doing some pre-production planning.

The viral marketing aspect of this can explode. We too have booked weddings during differing stages of whether we are inbound for the wedding date or outbound. Just yesterday we had a former Bride post the highlight we did. She retagged it again because she loved it and the caption below read.."because I can".

We stay in touch with former clients and get to see them as they progress through life as a couple. One of our couples recently had a baby and we exchanged some comments back and forth about that part of their life.

The important thing to remember is to be gentle with your approach and not to be too aggressive with other FB pages. People generally feel like this is thier piece of real estate and gentle nudges go a long way. We like to create an experience for our couples from start to finish and we develop some great relationships and FB is a continuation of that.

Ryan DesRoches February 28th, 2009 04:43 PM

Videos from Vimeo on Storefronts?

Hi guys,

I know you can have videos from Vimeo embed on your facebook personal pages, but does anyone know if you can do that for your storefront page? I just opened a storefront for my company, but instead of using up a ton of bandwidth to upload my videos - I wasn't sure if there was a way to embed them using Vimeo.

Thanks
Ryan

John Moon March 1st, 2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan DesRoches (Post 1020157)
Hi guys,

I know you can have videos from Vimeo embed on your facebook personal pages, but does anyone know if you can do that for your storefront page? I just opened a storefront for my company, but instead of using up a ton of bandwidth to upload my videos - I wasn't sure if there was a way to embed them using Vimeo.

Thanks
Ryan

You will have to upload to Facebook or link from Facebook to Vimeo.

SiuChung Leung March 7th, 2009 04:24 AM

Hi Matt,

just want to thank you again for sharing your facebook networking method. We did that with our latest client and the response was really well. Now we can see the direct response from the couple AND their friends. Only two days since we post the video on their facebook, we already have 1 confirm booking and 2 more is coming to meet us next week.

We also did capture about 10 frame as photo to post it on our page. The bride love it and order 40 more photos from us.

Lukas Siewior March 7th, 2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiuChung Leung (Post 1023787)
Hi Matt,

just want to thank you again for sharing your facebook networking method. We did that with our latest client and the response was really well. Now we can see the direct response from the couple AND their friends. Only two days since we post the video on their facebook, we already have 1 confirm booking and 2 more is coming to meet us next week.

We also did capture about 10 frame as photo to post it on our page. The bride love it and order 40 more photos from us.

Wow - that's a great news for you. It seems like that nothing works better then direct contact with customers and showing them your work, which on top they can relay to (it's always fun to watch your friends pics and vids). Congrats, and Matt, thx again.

Matt Bishop March 7th, 2009 01:13 PM

I'm glad to hear that it's working out for all of you! Nothing better than free marketing that actually works...especially during these times. I've been able to cut out all of the small print publications now and other random advertising we do that never really worked. Now I use this as one of our main sources and hopefully it works out that well for anyone else really using it to it's full potential.

Christopher Figueroa March 12th, 2010 03:39 PM

Genius Posting. Absolutely Genius. Thanks for posting.