DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Azden 105LT Wireless. Anyone? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/235158-azden-105lt-wireless-anyone.html)

Brad Cook May 11th, 2009 07:30 PM

Azden 105LT Wireless. Anyone?

I tried to search in various ways and kept getting no items found.

Has anybody tried or is anybody using the Azden 105 system (Azden | 105LT - 105 Series UHF Wireless Microphone | 105LT | B&H)? Im trying to keep to the budget and I have a wedding coming up in June. If these are in fact very good for the money, I would like to double up on them for the groom and officiant.

Thanks for any help.

Brad Cook May 12th, 2009 06:08 PM

54 views...

nobody has tried them?

Oren Arieli May 12th, 2009 06:27 PM

From my past experience, I would run from Azden as if it had swine flu. Spend a bit more on a Sennheiser (or a lot more on a Lectrosonics). These will outlast your next few cameras. I have a Lectro system that has been in operation since 1998, and it will still wipe the floor with 90% of the systems out there. Talk about a great investment. Search the forums for Azden and you'll likely find few fans.

Don Bloom May 12th, 2009 06:53 PM

I had 2 Azden 500U units that weren't bad but have been using Audio Technica 1800 series dual channel that has held up quite well.

Brad Cook May 12th, 2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oren Arieli (Post 1142128)
From my past experience, I would run from Azden as if it had swine flu. Spend a bit more on a Sennheiser (or a lot more on a Lectrosonics). These will outlast your next few cameras. I have a Lectro system that has been in operation since 1998, and it will still wipe the floor with 90% of the systems out there. Talk about a great investment. Search the forums for Azden and you'll likely find few fans.

Any specific reasons why? Horrible range? Static? Build quality? Questionable fidelity?

Don Bloom May 12th, 2009 08:58 PM

actually a lot of the bad rap for azden came some years ago especially with their vhf stuff.

I'm not that familiar with their units other than the 500 units which I found to be pretty solid especially with the Sony ECM44 mics. Like I said I had 2 of them and did every type of work with them you could think of and had no problems.
YMMV

Philip Howells May 17th, 2009 10:51 AM

It remains a truth that sound is still the poor relation in video/television. It may be unpalatable advice but it's true - save until you can buy a good mic/radio channel, minimum Sennheiser. Sorry.

Tom Dickerson May 17th, 2009 04:46 PM

I am surprised at the responses you have gotten regarding the Azden wireless mics. The people I know using them have had great success with them. I have heard just as many complaints about microphones costing hundreds more.

I have a so-called low end Azden shotgun mic that has been quite the workhorse and sounds pretty good when used properly. Sure there are more expensive mics out there...and if you can afford them and your business, pricing, and clientele justify television production level equipment then I would go for it too.

If you are uncomfortable with the 105LT, I believe they also carry higher-end equipment and of course, many manufacturers have various price points.

Good luck and let us know what you decided to buy.