DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Random beach wedding :) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/262079-random-beach-wedding.html)

Chad Dyle August 10th, 2009 07:28 AM

Random beach wedding :)

I am currently in Destin, FL on vacation with my family. I walked out on the balcony and noticed some people setting up for a wedding on the beach. I thought it would be a good time to play around with the 5D, so I went down. After speaking with the groom, I found out that he works in the same city as I do and lives in my home town. What a small world. It wasn't the best setup (no wireless mic), but I did the best I could with the time I had.
This is what I had when I went down to the beach:

Canon 5D
Canon 24mm 1.4
Tamron 70-200mm 2.8
Zacuto DSLR Rapid Fire

First beach wedding. By Chad Dyle On ExposureRoom

David Barnett August 10th, 2009 07:52 AM

Is that a 5D as in the photo camera?!

Picked up some really nice scenes & great color in some of the shots.

Louis Maddalena August 10th, 2009 08:09 AM

Yep the 5D as in the photo camera, a lot of us have been using it for motion pictures since it has come out.

Chad:
The video looked great, especially for no wireless mic and no tripod. I would say it might make it slightly better to add some kind of musical track under neither it. Even an instrumental score would work to make it more interesting since most of the sound isn't really important, although I wouldn't loose the sound all together, just add music in some parts.

Jason Robinson August 10th, 2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis Maddalena (Post 1204547)
Yep the 5D as in the photo camera, a lot of us have been using it for motion pictures since it has come out.

Chad:
The video looked great, especially for no wireless mic and no tripod. I would say it might make it slightly better to add some kind of musical track under neither it. Even an instrumental score would work to make it more interesting since most of the sound isn't really important, although I wouldn't loose the sound all together, just add music in some parts.

strong second from me on the music track suggestion. otherwise the viewer starts lingering on other portions of the production that might otherwise not be noticed (like drifting focus, or movement, etc).

Very good for hand held. I cant' shoot worth crap hand held. I have either always shot on a tripod, or always shot on glidecam / MultiRigPro. :-)

Chad Dyle August 11th, 2009 07:34 AM

I'm working on a brand spanking new MacBook Pro and the new version of FCS. I don't have any music and couldn't find any "free" royalty free music to use. I found some really cheesy island music, but I don't think it worked very well :)
The Zacuto DSLR Gunstock kit really came in handy. I knew that it would help some with just hand holding, but it did a much better job than expected on some walking shots. The follow in the beach wasn't super steady, but much better than if I was just holding the camera. We will be back in a week for "Family Vacation #2". I'll bring some more gear, just in case :)