DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Text for wedding promotional (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/30594-text-wedding-promotional.html)

Alex Chan August 16th, 2004 12:31 PM

Text for wedding promotional

I have to make a 30-60 second "Wedding promotional" video for my friend. The purpose is to tell people the date and the place of the wedding. I have some pictures of the couples and their personal pictures from different age. I also have the pictures of the chapel. So I will first show their childhood photo individually to their recent pictures, then the chapel...etc. I have everything ready but one thing I am having problem is the text and the messages for the video. This is my first wedding video, I can't think of something nice to write on this video other than the title of their wedding. I will put the date for sure, but I want something else that sounds sweet, cute and make people looking forward to the wedding. The clip will mostly like a commerical style or a teaser style. Anyone can help me with this? Thanks.

Vamshidhar Kuchikulla August 16th, 2004 04:43 PM

hi alex

Nice to meet you.

Especially When doing a wedding video.

1. it should be documentary type. No body asks for media. Just show their emotions,feelings clearly.
2.The important regarding titles is Take a best clip from the footage blurr it and use it as background. if not satisfatory use simply white background. make the titles move very slowly. take 10-15 second. in between each title ,add some clips of your footage and fade it into titles.dont forget white background gives a good impression for the professional video.
3. Dont use ordinary font. Change it to something relating to wedding.
4. When i do video i do what every the specific clips i need. One more thing backgound music is the master key for the wedding. Use slow motions.avoiding zooms,and worst shots.sometimes make it blackandwhite. end the shot with a fading circle. I dont use transitions in between the clips, only cut,fade andwipe and my tools. let me tell you an example :
When a photographer taking photographs. form as guest and take some astonishing shots between each clip instead of using a transition use a fade and making the sound as click...click.. it makes a lot of diffence.

Any way i think this could be helpful to you.

thanks, relax and cheers.

vamshi

Don Bloom August 16th, 2004 06:18 PM

I think what Alex is looking for is more in the line of an advertisement for the couple to play on a website or on CD etc to let people know they are getting married.

A couple of years ago there was a video that a couple did, I think they were film students at NYU, maybe not but anyway, they did a bang up job on it . Cute (HMMMMM-2nd time today I used that word), funny, energetic, well done and very professional looking. I'm trying to remember their names, I think it was Steve and ????.
Sorry, can't remember exactly and it probably isn't on the web anymore but maybe someone els can remember or has it downloaded. It can give you a lot of good ideas. They used voice overs to really get it across and it was truely entertaining and effective. AAMOF, they were invited to WEVA convention, I believe last year, to go thru the making of their "wedding announcement".

Maybe you can search it out.
Sorry I can't remember the exact name. Good luck to you, have some fun with the project,
Don B

Alex Chan August 17th, 2004 08:45 AM

Don really get my point, yes I need help in what should I say in the "wedding promotional video". Like a trailer, there is always some text to give you information about the movie. So I want to know what should I say for the text to make this short promotional video more interesting. I have the photo of the couple since they were a kid and photo of the chapel

Don Bloom August 17th, 2004 10:15 AM

Well lets think here.
How about a voice over like
"opening on (the date) the wedding celebration of (names)"
or
"coming to a venue near you the marriage of (names)"

I'm not a writer but but try to come up with something that resembles a movie trailer that you might see on TV. Dramatic VO with some dramatic music behind it. Use the titles with the music and VO to get the point across.

Play around with it try a bunch of different stuff and think outside the lines.

Don B

Alex Chan August 17th, 2004 11:02 AM

Thanks Don.

I wonder if anyone made wedding promotion video before so i can have a look at the example.

Patrick King August 17th, 2004 11:24 AM

How about just taking a still of their wedding announcement and have a good voice-over of someone reading the announcement text.

or, if they want to narrate it themselves:

Groom: John and Jennifer Brown, parents of Doug Brown, are pleased to announce the wedding of their son to Betsy Blue.

Bride: Bill and Bettina Blue request your participation in the celebration of matrimony between their daughter, Betsy, and Doug Brown.

Both: Please join us at Wesley Chapel on 20 September as 6:30pm for a joyous celebration of our vows.

Alex Chan August 17th, 2004 01:04 PM

Thanks Patrick, what if I don't do any narrating? Just some interesting text message other than the date and time?

I mean something like showing their photo and say "they have never met before...", "the love make them together"...

I know sound chessy but I try to make it more interesting and not boring.

Vamshidhar Kuchikulla August 17th, 2004 01:20 PM

hi patrick

Alright...coming straight to titles.

I start video with a small clip for 5-10 seconds wiping to display date" on january 21st,2004". after that again second clip ,when it disappers "jenni & john" slowly moving one right to left and left to right the other. later on 3rd clip, after that next title is " began a new life together" i break the sentence into two parts and moves against each other in different line. later plays 4th clip , after which it states " this is their story"....

this ends the title section.

cheers...patrick

vamshi

Patrick King August 17th, 2004 01:29 PM

Alex,

I think Vamshi just hit it out of the park for you. From his text you can visualize how good that will look and how much latitude it will give you to create the desired effect.

Make sure and post the result so we can see!

Vamshidhar Kuchikulla August 17th, 2004 01:53 PM

hi alex/patrick

Well Finally I use the end titles like this

"and"

after a still photograph.

"its their begining"

again a still photograph

" just married"

here it comes the venue here it take place

Ill place the logo here. as i do weddings for hotels.

finally

the company advertisement or logo...stating it as presentation.

that's all i have folks....cheers

vamshi

Alex Chan August 17th, 2004 02:25 PM

Thanks Vamshidhar, it really help!!

Your example most like a after wedding clip but I have to make a pre-wedding promotional video. Any idea of what to write about to make it interesting in 30-60 seconds with their photo?

Vamshidhar Kuchikulla August 17th, 2004 03:22 PM

hi alex

oh i got it now!

well i am forwarding some thoughts i have........

"Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words."

"Two souls with but a single thought,
Two hearts that beat as one."

what do you think?

Alex one more suggestion. Dont push yourself into complications. Keep the text as simple as you can. Although I feel the text completely depends upon the situation u use....
A Hint " watch slow and the best films" where you can get lot a lot of thoughts....

vamshi

Alex Chan August 19th, 2004 09:42 AM

It is nice idea. How about this Vamshidhar, I start the first thing saying "
They never met before..."

Then showing a sequence of their photo when they were kids, teenager and adult...etc.

Then saying
"Two souls with but a single thought,
Two hearts that beat as one."

Then showing a few photo of both of them taking together...

Then say:
"Let us celebrate the occasion with wine and sweet words."

Showing photo of the chapel...

Then in white background saying

"Katherine & Andres' Wedding"

"Saturday, September 4, 2004"

"The Chapel ......"

How's that? Does it sound good? or too chessy? I am looking for around 1 mins clip. Any other suggestion?

Mike Rehmus August 19th, 2004 12:07 PM

Go read some wedding invitations. They usually say it all.