DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Wedding Photographer Fail (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/481527-wedding-photographer-fail.html)

Warren Kawamoto July 7th, 2010 02:33 PM

Wedding Photographer Fail

Wedding Photographer Fail

I just HAD to watch this twice! Close the ad first, on the top right of the player screen.

Don Bloom July 7th, 2010 02:47 PM

Maybe he should take a few less shots coming down the aisle and watch where he's going. :-)

I also liked the other guy grabbing the camera first. Who cares about the guy, he can be replaced but the camera, it's got all the images!

O|O
\--/

Lukas Siewior July 7th, 2010 03:38 PM

Wow - wasn't expecting this...

Actualy I feel sorry for this guy.

On the other hand - if those were 7D's they're water proof :-)

Vito DeFilippo July 7th, 2010 05:09 PM

I can just imagine the videographer chuckling to himself as the photog approached the water.

I mean, he coulda warned the poor guy!

Adam Haro July 7th, 2010 05:28 PM

I guess he could have warned him but he probably figured they would be even since he blocked his aisle shot the whole time.

Vito DeFilippo July 7th, 2010 05:37 PM

Yeah, poetic justice then....

Warren Kawamoto July 7th, 2010 10:43 PM

I wonder how or if the photographer was able to shoot the rest of the day. Both cameras and lenses took a thrashing. Maybe he hijacked a guest's camera? Unless he was close to his house, he'd have to buy new clothes too.

Kelly Langerak July 7th, 2010 10:57 PM

I really wish I could see the next 2 minutes of this video with sound.

I wish this had the original sound then a techno beat.

Tom Bostick July 8th, 2010 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukas Siewior (Post 1546230)
Wow - wasn't expecting this...

Actualy I feel sorry for this guy.

On the other hand - if those were 7D's they're water proof :-)

same here ,that would be really unfortunate for anyone
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly Langerak (Post 1546363)
I really wish I could see the next 2 minutes of this video with sound.

I wish this had the original sound then a techno beat.

agreed ,what do you say after that

Rickey Brillantes July 11th, 2010 01:04 PM

I don't know why this guy is shooting multii-frames of the couple moving towards him, ridiculous! That's why there is video. dahh!!!

Dave Blackhurst July 11th, 2010 02:05 PM

Well it did look like the "video guy" was just someone sitting there manning a tripod... otherwise maybe you'd have seen a video of TWO guys going into the drink <wink>.

MEMO:
ALways check your path before backing up while shooting...

Johannes Soetandi July 12th, 2010 02:41 AM

I actually walked in reverse for a good 2 minutes shot on my last wedding. Lucky I didn't bump into anything but this serves me a good warning!

Lukas Siewior July 12th, 2010 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johannes Soetandi (Post 1547631)
I actually walked in reverse for a good 2 minutes shot on my last wedding. Lucky I didn't bump into anything but this serves me a good warning!

I used to do that as well - then I changed the "style" and now I'm maybe walking 10-15 feet the most. Image is too shaky anyway. Now after watching this vid I might stop walking backwards all together.

Scott Hayes July 12th, 2010 07:40 AM

this has been me almost a few times. luckily, I stopped my momentum as I hit the edge of the
baptismal.

John Wiley July 12th, 2010 09:48 AM

As they are pulling him out you can see the little light is still illuminated on the camera's rear - so it looks like at least something on the camera was still working! Most importantly, I wonder if he was able to salvage the card?