DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   How sweeeeeeeeet it is (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/481788-how-sweeeeeeeeet.html)

Steven Davis July 12th, 2010 04:20 PM

How sweeeeeeeeet it is

I just love it when 'friends' come to a wedding I am doing. It's my favorite part of the day.

http://droptodesign.com/temp/delete/Blocked%20Kiss.jpg

edit: She was actually the friend that did the pictures.

Joel Peregrine July 12th, 2010 06:57 PM

Ack! Bummer. At least the photog probably didn't realize she was in your line of sight. There's no excuse for this example though:

~ WTF ~

Did you hear her say 'sorry'? I have a big black Canon XHA1 on a slider and I'm shooting some details on the table top when a gal from the catering staff comes along and literally takes the stuff right out of my shot. I was dumbfounded.

Mike Hammond July 13th, 2010 08:02 AM

Nice shot of the girl's hand LOL!

I was just filming a wedding this last weekend and was shooting the cutting of the cake. Now, I've had instances of people (guests) leaning in to my frame so they can get their own shot. OK, I get that. Usually a tap on the shoulder gets their attention and they back out.

But last week, my XH-A1s with a 55 watt light on top of it is about 5 feet from the couple and mom of the bride's head ends up 2 feet in front of my lens so she can take some pics...and then she just stays there. How does that even happen? How do you not know you're standing in front of a camera with a spotlight on it? Anyone?

I had to grab her shoulder to make her move.

Scott Hayes July 13th, 2010 09:54 PM

Joel, that's insane she did that, wow. what did you say to her?

Joel Peregrine July 14th, 2010 10:37 AM

Hi Scott!

I didn't say anything. To be honest she looked a little flustered like she was having a bad day so just rearranged my shot and kept shooting.

Dimitris Mantalias July 15th, 2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Peregrine (Post 1547939)
Ack! Bummer. At least the photog probably didn't realize she was in your line of sight. There's no excuse for this example though:

~ WTF ~

Did you hear her say 'sorry'? I have a big black Canon XHA1 on a slider and I'm shooting some details on the table top when a gal from the catering staff comes along and literally takes the stuff right out of my shot. I was dumbfounded.

!!! Absolutely unbelievable!

George Kilroy July 23rd, 2010 10:43 AM

I think sometimes it's easy for us to forget that a lot of people don't realise when we are recording, They are so use to a photographer directing every shot so if we are not saying something they hardly even notice us. Also remember that people have their 'wedding head'. However even bearing that in mind some are unforgivable. The worst one I remember was one time during the bride's father's speech. A guy who'd been shadowing the stills snapper all day stood right in front of my camera taking photos, completely blocking my view of the father. I first tapped him on the shoulder; no response, tapped again; still no movement, all this time the father was speaking. I then came around my tripod and started to gently push him but he resisted. I then said you're blocking my view to which he replied "I'm the brides uncle". I had great pleasure keeping that in the DVD.

One thing that always gets my goat is the number of people who will stand in doorways to rooms chatting. I try to get by with a camera and tripod and say "excuse me"; no reaction, or they shuffle half an inch.

Steven Davis July 23rd, 2010 02:53 PM

I think I should elaborate a little. The secondary photog was beside me, he was great. I had spoken to them prior to the ceremony, and while I'm willing to give some people the benefit of the doubt, what she did was unnecessary. From back to front was no more than 50 feet. She had like a Canon 5 D

I recreated the scene afterward, I hope I can make that work.