DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Bride wants 2 highlight videos. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/492427-bride-wants-2-highlight-videos.html)

Andrew Klokow February 28th, 2011 06:14 PM

Bride wants 2 highlight videos.

Hey everyone, i'm pretty much out of the womb... baby fresh when it comes to the wedding industry for videography. My whole about me is in the Meet Me section.. Anyways!!

Had a bride call me up today.. she says she doesnt really care about the whole rewatching the wedding.. She just really loves the highlight videos set to music. I set up a consultation with her for the end of march, i wish i could have done it sooner (scheduling conflicts).

My main question is so mentioned though that she probably wants 2 highlight videos. So an add-on. Just wondering how you would approach this.. Would you just use all your footage and just make two videos, maybe a pre-ceremony video and then a ceremony/reception... i'm not sure what i should do so i'm looking for opinions or if you ran into this situation and what you did.

Thanks everyone!
-Andrew

Alec Moreno February 28th, 2011 08:17 PM

Re: Bride wants 2 highlight videos.

I offer two styles of highlight films. One is a faster paced edit with some natural audio and the other is all done in slow motion set only to music. Although the shots are pretty close to the same in both films, the pacing makes for different viewing experiences. Also, after editing the more complex version, the second edit takes much less time to finish. Perhaps you'll get an idea from these.

Custom Edit
Custom Edit - Galleries

Cinematic Edit
Cinematic Edit - Galleries

Alec Moreno
Wedding Art Films - Southern California - Los Angeles - Orange County - Video

John Wiley February 28th, 2011 10:31 PM

Well, the simple answer is to ask her what she wants in the 2 videos!

Of course, brides are not always 100% certain themselves and often require alot of guidance in terms of what is realistic or practical.

I'd be leaning towards somthing similar to Alec's suggestion: One which is all the about the visuals; composition, movements, rack focus shots, colour, and a few tasteful effects. The other should be all about the narrative; chronological order, snippets of the vows & speeches, main events and moments, main characters, etc.

Steve Bleasdale March 1st, 2011 02:14 AM

Just guide her on one 10 min full edit as you say she only? probably wants two edits? Do all your music, prep, arrivals mixed with best bits of the ceremony and speeches bring in early at the start. Put three x 4 minute of her songs on the timeline and cut the footage to the music.. done. but cover yourself she is a bridezilla
www.capture-ur-moments.com for some ideas. steve

Andrew Klokow March 1st, 2011 07:58 PM

Thanks for the reply everyone! I think im gonna first, ask what the bride wants of course. I'm pretty much assuming she is gonna go.. "i just like the music video highlight videos" So.. i'll step in and suggest the one that more cinematic (music only) and then one that is more.. about the day (audio snipets, speeches and such). I'm gonna cover my butt as well and make sure i plan to do a normal coverage of everything as well.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

-Andrew