DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   New Jersey Video Conference (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/495475-new-jersey-video-conference.html)

Mark Von Lanken May 5th, 2011 11:50 AM

New Jersey Video Conference

Trisha and I will be speaking at the NJ/WEVA conference on May 18 & 19 along with Saturday Night Live DP Alex Buono, Michael Gebben, Jose Ortiz, Jason Groupp and Alan Berg.
Mark and Trisha Von Lanken Present May 18th & 19th | NJVA.ORG

Our presentation on May 18 is:
"The Balancing Act”
Shooting, Lighting, Audio, Post Production and don’t forget, creativity. It all comes into play when making a quality wedding film. How do you find the perfect balance in creating a wedding film clients will love & pay for? Who are you trying to please? Mark and Trisha will show you how to use your tools and resources to deliver a final product that is a creative reflection of your client.

We are pumped about coming out to the NJ/WEVA Conference. It's a great chance to go to B&H...I mean see our friends and make new ones in the NJ area. ;-)

Seriously, we love going to the NY/NJ area and it's been a couple of years since we have been up that way. The BALANCING ACT presentation is one of our favorites and very few people have ever seen it.

We are even more excited about the full day workshop on May 19th because we get to spend so much more time and with a smaller group so the education level goes way up.

The SALES & MARKETING portion is very important but often overlooked in favor of the fun artistic stuff. In this small group setting we will teach things that we do not share on a National stage. Things like how to make more money per job and still get bookings. It's not as easy as just raise your prices. Just raising your prices can cause the bookings to drastically slow down or almost stop. Speaking of pricing...we are an open book.

Oklahoma Wedding Investment
6 hours of coverage, SDE, Ceremony Edit, Toasts $3800
6 hours of coverage, Full Edit $4800
9 hours of coverage, Full Edit $6800

DSLR A-Z is my most recent passion. I have always been big on camera work and operating your cameras in full manual. I thought I had a good understanding of DoF, but the whole DSLR and lens choices have really opened my eyes. Lens choices are amazing and mind boggling. You can spend $2000 to $15000 on a set of lenses for weddings and events. Should you spend $2000 or $15000? Building your lens arsenal is only one of several topics we will cover on DSLRs. We will bring our DSLR support gear...shoulder supports, monopods, sliders and even two brand new sliders that we will debut!

Hope to see you there!

Michael Simons May 6th, 2011 06:16 PM

Re: New Jersey Video Conference

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Von Lanken (Post 1645988)
Trisha and I will be speaking at the NJ/WEVA conference on May 18 & 19 along with Saturday Night Live DP Alex Buono, Michael Gebben, Jose Ortiz, Jason Groupp and Alan Berg.

Our presentation on May 18 is:
"The Balancing Act”
Shooting, Lighting, Audio, Post Production and don’t forget, creativity. It all comes into play when making a quality wedding film. How do you find the perfect balance in creating a wedding film clients will love & pay for? Who are you trying to please? Mark and Trisha will show you how to use your tools and resources to deliver a final product that is a creative reflection of your client.

We are pumped about coming out to the NJ/WEVA Conference. It's a great chance to go to B&H...I mean see our friends and make new ones in the NJ area. ;-)

Seriously, we love going to the NY/NJ area and it's been a couple of years since we have been up that way. The BALANCING ACT presentation is one of our favorites and very few people have ever seen it.

We are even more excited about the full day workshop on May 19th because we get to spend so much more time and with a smaller group so the education level goes way up.

The SALES & MARKETING portion is very important but often overlooked in favor of the fun artistic stuff. In this small group setting we will teach things that we do not share on a National stage. Things like how to make more money per job and still get bookings. It's not as easy as just raise your prices. Just raising your prices can cause the bookings to drastically slow down or almost stop. Speaking of pricing...we are an open book.

Oklahoma Wedding Investment
6 hours of coverage, SDE, Ceremony Edit, Toasts $3800
6 hours of coverage, Full Edit $4800
9 hours of coverage, Full Edit $6800

DSLR A-Z is my most recent passion. I have always been big on camera work and operating your cameras in full manual. I thought I had a good understanding of DoF, but the whole DSLR and lens choices have really opened my eyes. Lens choices are amazing and mind boggling. You can spend $2000 to $15000 on a set of lenses for weddings and events. Should you spend $2000 or $15000? Building your lens arsenal is only one of several topics we will cover on DSLRs. We will bring our DSLR support gear...shoulder supports, monopods, sliders and even two brand new sliders that we will debut!

Hope to see you there!

Mark, what are you presenting on the 19th? I can't make it on the 18th. thanks

Mark Von Lanken May 6th, 2011 09:10 PM

Hi Michael,

I copied this from the link.

THE WORKSHOP
9-11am
A Real, Relevant & Honest Approach for Selling & Marketing to Brides”

Clients will never see your great work without strong marketing and solid sales skills. In today’s tough economy Mark and Trisha will share tried and true tips and tricks about what does and doesn’t work.
They’ll answer:
I am not a sales person, how do I sell?
Where should I market & why?
Do I really have to use social media?

12pm-5pm
The DSLR Encounter A-Z (Audio to Zeiss)

Whether you’re a DSLR expert or just getting started, Mark and Trisha Von Lanken will show you how they capture amazing DSLR video. This hands-on workshop is your chance to learn how to take your work to the next level.

You’ll learn:
• How to build your lens arsenal without breaking the bank
• Which lenses to use when and why
• Depth-of-field and how to use it
• Audio…in-camera and external
• Stabilization
• Handheld
• Moving Shots
• Post Production

Mark Von Lanken May 16th, 2011 03:39 AM

We are really looking forward to the NJ/WEVA event. We have heard great things about the NJ group. We are bring along some extra goodies to this event. Two new sliders for everyone to try out, a great deal on some like new gear, along with several vintage lenses for sale.

As we say in Oklahoma...Ya'll Come!