Reception Audio Help Please - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 14th, 2011, 08:59 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Reception Audio Help Please

Thanks for all the input. I will work something out. There was only one person that said anything at the toast (the father) that was about two minutes that I would like to have. Maybe some form of text caption
will work? I can't recall seeing any of the guest video, but with all the smart phones maybe someone recorded the toast. What's funny is that everything else udring the entire event from a video and audio perspective was perfect. This definitely won't happen again. I have another wedding this weekend and
I will have at least five forms (just kidding) of backup audio.
Troy Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Fasel View Post
Corey, we just about left our Zoom this weekend too! it was the LAST thing we grabbed, still plugged into the DJ...so much equipment to remember! I left a brand new monopod on a pedestrian bridge at our second wedding this summer. It was the first time I used it. And the last. But this is off topic...
Katie, the Zoom H4N comes in a plastic case. I keep that plastic case in my camera bag and at the end of the reception that empty plastic case reminds me to grab my Zoom from the DJ. If you are talking about the Zoom H1, try and keep a reminder in your camera bag. Even just a checklist might help.
Michael Simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #18
Regular Crew

What lav mics are you guys using on the recorders? I've been using just wireless into my AF100, but I'm in need of another source, but I'm unsure which lav to purchase to plug into a recorder.
Josh Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #19
Major Player

Troy....my sympathies Dude....been there, done it....... when the priest with the only mic decided to marry the couple from 25 feet away !!!

In fact there was another thread some time back where I got my butt ripped for saying that audio this buried into the noise floor was unsalvagable for all the reasons yours can't be saved. So though it does you no good, at least now I feel vindicated. Thanks for helping me out, even though it was something sucky that happened to you, that did prove what I said.

To whom it may concern, I did download Troy's clip and did try to cleanse it with Audition 5.5, and had no luck.
Chip Thome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2011, 02:17 AM   #20
Regular Crew

I know there's not hope for this go-round, but has anyone tried SoundSoap? I think it's from Bias?

Deborah
Deborah Gallegos is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques