DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   UK supply of presentation boxes, anyone? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/509167-uk-supply-presentation-boxes-anyone.html)

George Kilroy July 10th, 2012 06:51 AM

UK supply of presentation boxes, anyone?

I am just coming to the end of my stock of outer boxes that I put DVD cases into when I deliver them. These are presentation boxes not mailers. I print a bespoke wraparound insert to put into the DVD case but I like to deliver them in something more than an envelope. I bough a batch of 6x8x1" silver boxes sometime ago but the supplier is no longer trading and I'm finding it difficult find replacements. Does anyone else use a presentation case or know of a supplier in UK. I can only find manufacturers of bespoke boxes who will make them to specification but the minimum quantity makes it unrealistic for me.

By the way they are silver coloured card, not silver plate - I don't do royal weddings.

Chris Harding July 12th, 2012 07:03 PM

Re: UK supply of presentation boxes, anyone?

Hi George

Even here boxes are hard to find..When I used to be a wedding photog (video cameras were still too big and costly in the 80's) you used to buy your wedding photo albums and they always came in a fancy white box lined with tissue paper too!!!

My photog now supplies his photos on DVD in the normal case and then they are all tossed into a calico sling bag (of course with his company name on it) so the client can use it for shopping. Good idea but not really classy enough??

How many cases need to go in the box or were you using one box per DVD case??? I supply the bride 3 DVD cases but I figured that a cardboard box to hold 3 DVD cases side by side might be a bit big???

I wonder what others are using..as presentation is important

Chris

George Kilroy July 13th, 2012 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Chris.

I don't like the commercial wedding album cases which are available with a generic 'Our Wedding' or bells or church tower, foil-stamped onto a white padded case, they look impersonal, I prefer something more personal, based on details and images from each wedding and colour matched to their theme. But a DVD case alone looks kind of insubstantial. I know it's the content that's important but I like to make it look special. I have been putting the case in to a nice looking presentation box similar the the one below, but I cannot find any at a reasonable price or order quantity or the right size. The ones I've found at retailers are either too big or too small. I have found wholesalers and manufacturers with the right size or will make very nice bespoke and printed ones but they require an order of many hundreds or thousands, far too many for my needs.

Nigel Barker July 13th, 2012 02:08 AM

We have just started using Loxley Colour for beautiful customised DVD cases either faux leather embossed or full colour printed. They all come in a lovely presentation box. They are quite a bit more expensive than generic disc cases but so much classier.

George Kilroy July 13th, 2012 02:23 AM

Hi Nigel.

Thanks for the info.

Nigel Barker July 13th, 2012 03:45 AM

Several of the wedding album companies produce really nice disc cases now. I suppose that it's to satisfy the market for photographers who deliver their images on disc as an economical alternative to a traditional wedding album. They cost £20-30 versus the £2-10 of traditional wedding DVD cases but really are a cut above in quality. Even if you just deliver the B&G's discs in these & use cheaper cases for extra copies they do leave a good impression.

George Kilroy July 13th, 2012 04:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks again Nigel.
After my initial post I did register on the site and took a look. I think although they look good quality they are still too corporate for my style. That sort of presentation is ideal for photographers where the wrapping is intrinsically part of the product. With DVD the disc is taken out and the value is on screen, the presentation is only really appreciated at the initial delivery.

My way of presentation in a personal printed case has not been an issue (at least not that I'm aware) but I like to present the DVD in something that looks presentable for my own satisfaction. However I will keep reference to that and see how it goes down with future enquiries as £35 is not a huge amount.

I'm now looking for a box deep enough to take the DVD case, Blu-ray case and a USB flashdrive, and I think I've found just the thing.

Aindreas Lynch July 13th, 2012 04:27 PM

Hi George. Im looking for something similar. Where did you find that box above? I was looking at the tiny box company as well but they don't have boxes like that.

George Kilroy July 15th, 2012 11:03 AM

The Flatbox Company.

Aindreas Lynch July 15th, 2012 11:40 AM

Thanks George. Do you have a web link for them as I cant seem to find them??

George Kilroy July 15th, 2012 12:17 PM

Sorry Aindreas, I should have said Foldabox.