DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   WOOHOO! Last wedding of season today! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/515623-woohoo-last-wedding-season-today.html)

John Knight April 5th, 2013 02:57 PM

WOOHOO! Last wedding of season today!

I'm so happy. Been a long and unrewarding slog this season. Lot's of mismatches and disinterested couples. It will all be over in 12 hours as I switch the camera off, fist pump the air and trudge on out of another drunken boozefest! Praise the Lord!

Noa Put April 5th, 2013 04:14 PM

Re: WOOHOO! Last wedding of season today!

Last wedding? Here wedding season just began, in exactly 5 hours I have to get up at 05:00 in the morning and expect to be home at 3 at night, no boozefest for me :)

Dave Partington April 5th, 2013 04:20 PM

I'm soooo glad our weddings are as long as yours Noa. My next one isn't for a couple of weeks, but yes, our season is really just starting.

Chris Harding April 5th, 2013 06:40 PM

Hey John

Not fair ..why are you finishing so early?? It's only the start of April ... Darn, I still have a bunch for April and May to do ..THEN our season officially ends .. but I still have a sprinkling of Winter ones coming up!

Enjoy the off time ...when do you start up again?

Chris

John Knight April 6th, 2013 02:31 AM

Cheers Chris... just got home. A bit chillier here in NZ and our season kind of ends about now, then gets quite cold, picks up again after winter around mid September. I sub-contract to a few wedding companies that fly Japanese couples in for the occasional 'magical winter wedding in New Zealand'. Easy money.

Tonight's wedding was so special. I think that brides who breastfeed their baby every 2 hours and chain smoke are something to be celebrated. Not shunned. And I think that shuffling from left foot to right foot, to "Amazed by Lonestar" is f**king magical in 1080p.

I'm off the wagon now. Sorry. Bye. (Hello Jim Beam!)

Allan Black April 6th, 2013 02:58 AM

We toured the Beam factory in Kentucky last Nov. They make 16000 litres of their product, every second, 24hrs a day, 6 days a week.
They told us, Aust and NZ are the worlds biggest importers.

Stay safe.
Cheers.

Don Bloom April 6th, 2013 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Knight (Post 1789050)
Tonight's wedding was so special. I think that brides who breastfeed their baby every 2 hours and chain smoke are something to be celebrated. Not shunned. And I think that shuffling from left foot to right foot, to "Amazed by Lonestar" is f**king magical in 1080p.

This is absolutely going to be the highlight of my day, week and possibly my month! well said John! ;-)

Dave Partington April 6th, 2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Awesome! :)

Chris Harding April 6th, 2013 07:06 PM

In a nutshell John is extremely happy the the season is over!!

The NZ import from the Jim Beam was probably a direct personal one .."Please deliver direct to John Knight, Christchurch"

Yeah some weddings can be a bit pathetic but I guess it's a living and now you can sit back and relax for a few months!

Chris

Don Bloom April 6th, 2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harding (Post 1789164)
I guess it's a living

Chris

Not for much longer! YAAY! I'm sorry I can't help it.
I've become so jaded it's pathetic or maybe I am but in any case October 19th is the end of the road for me and I couldn't be happier. Man I am pathetic. ;-(

Thomas Young April 6th, 2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Cheers Chris... just got home. A bit chillier here in NZ and our season kind of ends about now, then gets quite cold, picks up again after winter around mid September. I sub-contract to a few wedding companies that fly Japanese couples in for the occasional 'magical winter wedding in New Zealand'. Easy money.

Hilarious John, off-season is a time to regroup, seek professional help, medicate, and work on yoga and tai chi. Next season will be here before you sober up.

Scott Brooks April 7th, 2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Too bad there's not a giant "like" button. Thanks to your post, John ... I now have an image burned into my head that won't soon go away. :-)

Adrian Tan April 9th, 2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harding (Post 1789011)
Hey John

Not fair ..why are you finishing so early?? It's only the start of April ... Darn, I still have a bunch for April and May to do ..THEN our season officially ends .. but I still have a sprinkling of Winter ones coming up!

I've got two more in April, four in May (two overseas), then nothing for three months! Why don't people get married in winter?

Chris Harding April 9th, 2013 05:59 PM

Hi Adrian

I have some seasons quiet and some busy over Winter. This season which "officially" ends in May is fairly normal and the supposedly "off season" of June, July and August I have bookings in all 3 months this year!

Perth, unlike the East Coast has cold and wet Winters so a wedding in July isn't a good idea but nowdays brides book any month!

Chris

Paul Mailath April 9th, 2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian Tan (Post 1789605)
I'Why don't people get married in winter?

they do,, they;re just on a tighter budget so we don't get a look in