DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Photogs!! Respect (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/516643-photogs-respect.html)

Steve Bleasdale May 19th, 2013 12:26 PM

Photogs!! Respect

From a wedding video guy! Yesterday. What a terrible day for the photog, whilst doing my slide shots the photog turned up, smart experienced, creative, got on really well. On entry to the prep the bride said to him? I dont like my photo being taken, photog, thats ok no problem will just work around that one, but i would love to get you in your dress at some point and a few make up shots ect. Then i want to go see the groom and work with him, got some great ideas for him, it will be cool. Bride!! No way he does not like his photo being taken also and has said just do the other lads not him?? Jeez the photog says to me? What gives here, what the hell have they got me here for?? Well cut a long story short. The groom was awful to him, the unhelpful manipulative toast master was told the photog is getting on the brides and grooms nerves!! I swear he was great, he was being helpful, but they did not want to know, i even watched as the car arrived getting my footage the mother held her hand up and said get that camera out of my face... He was very good and wanted to do his work but they gave him no chance. Respect dude for not punching the b.....gers.

Don Bloom May 19th, 2013 01:01 PM

Re: Photogs!! Respect

Hmmm, they didn't like getting their picture taken but (no offense) they had a video guy? My question has to be why did they bother with a photog at all. Oh wait, did he have an 800mm lens so he could shoot from across the street? :-) Just sounds like a waste on their part and I'll bet they don't like any of their pictures.

Colin Rowe May 19th, 2013 01:12 PM

They booked him, he turned up, he tried to do his job, they seem to have blown him out at every opportunity, he is on a winner. deliver them a load of crap, (which I am sure he wont) and they will deserve every last shot of there miserable faces. I have no time for such people, they are a sign of the times.

Chris Harding May 19th, 2013 06:11 PM

Some people are truly amazing! I had a bridal enquiry for video a few years back and the one condition for both myself and the photog was that we had to never come closer than 20 metres (about 60') when shooting video or taking photos. Dunno if the photog took the job but I turned it down!

Chris

James Manford May 19th, 2013 06:15 PM

A nightmare couple !

Why book him at all ?

Josh Bass May 19th, 2013 06:51 PM

I just wanna know what the curse word is that you self-censored in the initial post. I cant figure it out...bangers? Boingers? Bridgers? Baggers? Badgers? Bloggers? Boogers?

Chip Thome May 19th, 2013 10:07 PM

Josh..... I think "b.....gers" is the polite UK translation for for the American term "friggin' whackjobs"

Josh Bass May 19th, 2013 10:44 PM

Still wondering what the actual word is. I'm not up to date on my British swear words.

John Knight May 19th, 2013 11:50 PM

"Bludgers" I'd say. Means lazy, useless.

I have these kind of people a couple of times a year. Usually when the Mum organises the photos/video and the couple really don't want it. I handle it by just thinking of the money and reminding myself of the 3 hours I'm going to spend editing it. :) I shoot really basic, and often leave the formal photos halfway through telling the bride that I have enough footage and does she want me to head to reception to annoy the guests. She always says yes and 30mins later I'm drinking a beer and chatting up the bar staff. Suckers.

Clive McLaughlin May 20th, 2013 01:10 AM

I'm pretty sure he was censoring the word 'buggers'. We will not go into the definition if it...

Noa Put May 20th, 2013 01:25 AM

I don't get it, they hire the photog, then tell him not to shoot anything and they don't say anything to you?

Peter Rush May 20th, 2013 02:15 AM

I had a similar experience last year - the mum hired me and then I got a follow up email from the bride saying they really didn't want to be filmed or photographed!!!

It was pretty much a late booking (between xmas and new year) so I didn't get a chance for a meetup but I did call the bride for a chat and explained that just about everyone there on the day will be taking pictures and video with cameras/phones etc so I'm just another camera - and as my style is documentary then I don't interfere with the proceedings much.

She seemed ok and the day went well enough - when she received her DVDs she sent a very nice email thanking me and saying she would have regretted not having the day recorded had her mum not sorted it for her :)

Steve Bleasdale May 20th, 2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Bass (Post 1796311)
I just wanna know what the curse word is that you self-censored in the initial post. I cant figure it out...bangers? Boingers? Bridgers? Baggers? Badgers? Bloggers? Boogers?

Buggers haha!

Steve Bleasdale May 20th, 2013 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noa Put (Post 1796352)
I don't get it, they hire the photog, then tell him not to shoot anything and they don't say anything to you?

Nope not a thing but then i just film and get on with it, get my 50-150 lens on and get out of the way...

Steve Bleasdale May 20th, 2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Rowe (Post 1796238)
They booked him, he turned up, he tried to do his job, they seem to have blown him out at every opportunity, he is on a winner. deliver them a load of crap, (which I am sure he wont) and they will deserve every last shot of there miserable faces. I have no time for such people, they are a sign of the times.

Spot on Colin..