DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   horrible wedding day planning (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/517610-horrible-wedding-day-planning.html)

Chris Harding July 17th, 2013 05:14 AM

Re: horrible wedding day planning

Hi Chris

That is weird!! Unless you are charging double the "going rate" then I really am amazed that clients ask for 50% off!! My standard wedding as a solo shooter done doc style with no frills is AUS$1699.00 which is about 1028 pounds in your money but then again I target the budget bride and I have never had anyone quibble about prices.

Are you charging a lot more in the bride's eyes than other people in the area maybe??? The only one bride that ever hassled me was a Middle Eastern lady about 5 years ago and I stopped doing those kind of weddings after that and since brides just accept my price. You these people have anything to compare your prices with or are they simply trying their luck?

Chris

Peter Riding July 17th, 2013 05:43 AM

Chris, I did a Greek Orthodox wedding recently. I shot stills and video. This stills gallery may give you more of an idea of what to expect:

wedding photographers videographers st judes church englefield green windsor racecourse photography video nici and mark ashton lamont photo galleries

I attended the rehearsal. I did mic the groom just as a precaution but in their Greek Orthodox ceremony there was little if anything said by the groom or by the bride. I mic'd the priest no problem. I had the levels lower than normal as he was used to doing a big theatrical projection of his voice. The cantor (chanter) did not need mic'ing as the audio was fine just from a recorder placed near one of the church's speakers.

Pete

Noa Put July 17th, 2013 05:15 PM

I think we are going totally off topic...

James Manford July 20th, 2013 05:55 PM

Haha, the majority of threads on this forum leads to a rant about brides taking us for mugs with silly expectations and prices. That's all I seem to read ... well remember any way lol

Chris Harding July 20th, 2013 07:40 PM

Thanks Pete

Those are indeed useful. This Church is a wee bit different as the altar is tiny but it has the same decorative panels at the back ... the guy will do his sermon stuff from a mic stand right up near the panels and then be in front of the couple earlier on...I'll just play it by ear!!

Noa?? Get used to it ... just about every thread seems to get hijacked nowdays and the topic not only wanders off course but quite often in two or more different directions!! I guess each of us should be responsible and start a new thread but it doesn't seem to happen!!

Chris