DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Direct DVD printing design software options. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/518357-direct-dvd-printing-design-software-options.html)

Chavalegi Amendi August 16th, 2013 03:10 PM

Direct DVD printing design software options.

What software options exist for creating designs for direct DVD and Blu ray printing for those of us who don't mess with photoshop and can't get into it in the foreseeable future? I'm made to understand that the printers come bundled with design software? How good are these? I'm not looking to do any crazy design work. Just the ability to put a picture of the bride and groom and simple text with good fonts. If they can design the sleeve too, even better.

Thanks for any help.

Ron Evans August 16th, 2013 03:27 PM

Re: Direct DVD printing design software options.

Epson printers come with their own software Epson Print CD that is basic but works. I use SureThing The #1 CD/DVD Label and Cover Maker for Windows featuring SuperVibrant CD/DVD Labels | www.surething.com as it works well and does also print inserts.

Ron Evans

Chavalegi Amendi August 16th, 2013 04:03 PM

Thanks for the insight Ron. I forgot to mention I'm on a mac. Just perused the website and I don't see any indication of a mac version of that software. Looks like a very good piece of software.

Lico Francisco August 16th, 2013 04:49 PM

Ron is right. you can do it with a Epson printer. For the church I attend I use a Epson R800 and I am retiring my Epson r320. I use Epson Print CD software to print to the CD's and DVD's. Most of the time I create my labels through photoshop. To print to dvd insert I use DISC COVER. I use a mac to create my CDS and DVD. It took sometime to understand how it works and I did some research on it also. I don't use my windows pc anymore to print to CD or DVD.

Pedanes Bol August 16th, 2013 04:50 PM

I use Epson Print CD software on a Mac and works very well. It has many background templates. You can use any of the fonts you have in your mac. You can add shapes, warp the text, insert pictures, change colors etc. It came with the printer.

Scott Brooks August 16th, 2013 04:51 PM

If you're on a Mac you might see if Magic Mouse - Discus has a trial version. Magic Mouse Productions - Home of the best cd labelling software

I used to use them, but I got out of the fancy DVD labeling and now just use the Epson Print CD that comes with the printer.

Nigel Barker August 17th, 2013 02:10 AM

I just use the Canon software that came with my 4850. It does the job & if I really wanted something fancy I could just create it in Photoshop or similar & import as a JPG image.

Chavalegi Amendi August 17th, 2013 08:25 PM

Preciate the input guys. Will look into these options.

Regards.

Taky Cheung August 18th, 2013 10:26 PM

I have dvd and bluray template you can download here

BluRay Case Insert Template for Download | L.A. Color Pros Blog