DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   New Slider (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/521105-new-slider.html)

Jeremy White January 16th, 2014 09:21 AM

New Slider

I rented my slider to a company and they broke it. Time to get a new one!

I was looking at the Konova K3 slider. I wondered if any thoughts about this? Any better options in a similar price range ($300ish)

Danny O'Neill January 17th, 2014 03:55 PM

Re: New Slider

Cinevate Duzi.

Light, strong and amazingly cheap for a cinevate product.

David Barnett January 17th, 2014 05:30 PM

I too researched it recently, have come across the Rhino Slider ($425) and Gear Glide ($140). Both different price ranges but worth checking out if you wanna go high or low. Or compare to yours. Admittedly I haven't pulled the trigger yet on one myself either.

John Knight January 17th, 2014 06:27 PM

I'm about to buy this... just need a cheap one...

120cm 47 24" Glide Gear Video Camera Track Slider Tripod DSLR Rail Slide Video | eBay

Kelly Huffaker January 18th, 2014 01:18 AM

Another vote for Cinevate Duzi! Wayyyyyyyy better than my Konova K5! No joke! It's smoother, lighter, and I don't have to deal with wiping down the rails EVERY time I take it outside like the Konova!

Danny O'Neill January 18th, 2014 04:24 AM

Glide Gear is based on the Igus rail system, same thing glidetrack uses.

They are great and last a lifetime. Our glidetrack is 4 years old and works just fine. But the bearingless system does struggle with the track needing to be wiped down each time and if your shooting in humid environments or get a single raindrop on the track then its no good. Which is why we switched to the Duzi.

Danny O'Neill January 21st, 2014 05:14 PM

Btw, total cost to bring a Duzi into the uk, including all taxes was £362.

Max Palmer January 23rd, 2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny O'Neill (Post 1828292)
Glide Gear is based on the Igus rail system, same thing glidetrack uses.

They are great and last a lifetime. Our glidetrack is 4 years old and works just fine. But the bearingless system does struggle with the track needing to be wiped down each time and if your shooting in humid environments or get a single raindrop on the track then its no good. Which is why we switched to the Duzi.

Danny- I like that these are so inexpensive, but the bearingless system does worry me. I don't want to have to worry about my slider getting stuck when I'm running around at a wedding, and I don't have a cloth in my pocket. Do they need to be readjusted when the temperatures change, such as going indoors/outdoors during a winter wedding?

Jeremy White January 24th, 2014 07:37 AM

Thanks for the advice everybody!