DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Delivery of finished product (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/521608-delivery-finished-product.html)

Tim Bakland February 16th, 2014 11:43 PM

Re: Delivery of finished product

75% bluray for me for weddings.
Last week, I had a bride order extra copies in addition to her own and her 2 family copies. 8 bluray, no DVD. Great by me as they'll see it in better quality.

Matt Thomas February 17th, 2014 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Barker (Post 1832316)
I use Premiere Pro CC to output a Blu-ray compliant MPEG4 file for each chapter. I import these into Encore CS6 & build a simple menu. As the files are already Blu-ray compliant they don't need to be re-encoded to produce the Blu-ray & I then get Encore to do the encoding to MPEG2 for DVD. I never need to calculate the bit rate as I can always fit the complete project on Blu-ray at 25Mbps & Encore fits the files at highest possible quality for DVD with about 50MB free.

So does the HD files resize to the DVD fine?

I always used to the HD files into a SD Sequence in premiere pro and then export again, as to resize a 1080 or 720 to SD it always seemed to add bars at the side. (see my pic below)

Dave Partington February 17th, 2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Thomas (Post 1832600)
So does the HD files resize to the DVD fine?

I always used to the HD files into a SD Sequence in premiere pro and then export again, as to resize a 1080 or 720 to SD it always seemed to add bars at the side. (see my pic below)

That's because the pixel aspect ratio of SD and HD don't match. when you export from Premiere Pro add a top and bottom margin (crop) within the export dialog that add up to exactly 26 pixels, i.e. 13 top and bottom (progressive) or 12 + 14 (for interlaced). Then the bars will be gone. **Note I said add them top and bottom and not the sides ;) If you add them to the sides your problem would be even worse.

Personally, I've found the CUDA resize during export to be better (less aliasing) than adding an HD sequence on to an SD sequence but you may have different results. If you don't have a CUDA card then it really doesn't make much difference.

Aaron Jones Sr. September 17th, 2014 08:41 PM

I hope I'm in the right place with this question. I have been working on some projects lately and I'm kind of up in the air as to the finished product that i give the customer. Using Adobe CS6 and Adobe Creative Cloud I find my self leaning on Premiere CC. Anyway i tried exporting the project as QuickTime Maximum Quality and it does pretty well. Once I burn to a DVD with encore the quality goes down some. I have thought about going Blu Ray but i still have some questions.

*How does the H264 Bluray export file get burned to Blu Ray? It seems to output to a file that actually gives me two files instead of one(I get a m4v file and another one, can't rmember as i'm not at home at this particular time), not unless i did not do something right. I uploaded the m4v file to vimeo and had not sound so I'm going to assume the two files are one for sound and the other for the video. Has anyone had any success with the H.264 BluRay export?

*I'm not sure if Encore can support Dual layer Blu Ray disc, does anyone know if the dual layer can be used with Adobe Encore CS6?

Adrian Tan September 17th, 2014 09:19 PM

1. Yep, the BluRay preset gives you a sound and a video file. In Encore, dump both into the timeline.

2. Yep, dual layer is supported. But there's a trick here. Sometimes buggy burning to disk directly. Instead, create and ISO file, then create the disk from that.

Aaron Jones Sr. September 18th, 2014 01:22 AM

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for the help. I just ordered my bluray and disc should be here next week. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. If this helps anyone else that has some questions like me I found a video that is pretty good to explain some tips.

Robert Benda September 20th, 2014 01:15 PM

I have been delivering custom plastic cases but have decided to change over to custom made (Black River Imaging), using 2 pictures I've taken for the case.

These: DVD-USB Storage | Black River Imaging

Now, I'll be asking them if they prefer a case for USB or DVD, then still prefer 3 basic copies of the DVD.
I also upload their 15 minute wedding film online.