DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Final Wedding Disc Packaging (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/521918-final-wedding-disc-packaging.html)

David Pierson February 28th, 2014 02:28 AM

Final Wedding Disc Packaging

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys, just curious how do you all deliver the finished product? I'm looking for some more ideas as I can't seem to find any more CD/DVD tins online from Australia. Any ideas/feedback would be appreciated!

Here's the final product I usually deliver.
http://i.imgur.com/jV61x3m.jpg

Chris Harding February 28th, 2014 03:41 AM

Re: Final Wedding Disc Packaging

Hi David

Do a search on the wedding forum here and you will find plenty of threads and examples of what people use

Chris

Noa Put February 28th, 2014 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Pierson (Post 1834329)
Here's the final product I usually deliver.
http://i.imgur.com/jV61x3m.jpg

That looks nice David, I still am using plain and simple semi transpartant dvd boxes but looking at a way to get rid of designing the prints for these boxes, it costs me too much time and would prefer to just do the dvd print itself, can I ask which supplier makes these?

Dave Partington February 28th, 2014 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noa Put (Post 1834349)
That looks nice David, I still am using plain and simple semi transpartant dvd boxes but looking at a way to get rid of designing the prints for these boxes, it costs me too much time and would prefer to just do the dvd print itself, can I ask which supplier makes these?

+1 I'd like to go to none designed / printed sleeves too....

Clive McLaughlin February 28th, 2014 06:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I still feel like mine needs a little more - like a presentation box or something with pink shredded tissue paper or something!

David Pierson February 28th, 2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Partington (Post 1834353)
+1 I'd like to go to none designed / printed sleeves too....

It was actually pretty difficult to find these tins as there are very few suppliers that I can find. Here's a link to the supplier that I bought them from. This is from the UK, they no longer have an Australia site where I originally purchased them from.

CD Slip Tin ( Square Tin)

Robert Benda February 28th, 2014 12:16 PM

I'm going to bulk order white or off-white fabric wrapped boxes with an "Our Wedding Day..." on the front and *maybe* our company name in tiny print on the back. That way I don't do anything to the box, just pop the DVD in. I think I can get them for $20-$25 each, but it looks so much better than my custom photo prints inserted into DVD boxes

Kyle Root February 28th, 2014 12:58 PM

Hmmm. I'm still doing just regular DVD cases that I buy in bulk. May need to upgrade to something a little nicer..

Danny O'Neill February 28th, 2014 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We're having custom boxes made up to hold USB sticks and disks in our wallets. Here is the 3d design. The disk is just for scale. Disk wallets go in that hole.

Kyle Root February 28th, 2014 03:29 PM

Danny,

Those look very nice. Who does this? I'd love to deliver in something like that!

Steve Bleasdale February 28th, 2014 05:57 PM

Printed DVD disc inside a printed personalised Hollywood style DVD cover. Wow factor if possible! Ribbons and nice boxes are not for me! Plus see how much they pay and what package they choose. My last bride booked I want to give her a plain disc in a asda cover?? Ha

Tim Bakland March 1st, 2014 11:33 AM

I use WHCC WHCC - White House Custom Colour

James Manford March 1st, 2014 11:57 AM

DVD covers with custom covers etc are mind numbing and boring. Like yourselves i'm after a generic tin with 'our wedding day' but one that holds multiple discs. So I can either put one inside, or layer upto 2-3 additional copies on top.

Any idea where I can get them from?

Danny O'Neill March 1st, 2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Manford (Post 1834524)
DVD covers with custom covers etc are mind numbing and boring. Like yourselves i'm after a generic tin with 'our wedding day' but one that holds multiple discs. So I can either put one inside, or layer upto 2-3 additional copies on top.

Any idea where I can get them from?

Wedding DVD / CD Presentation Cases | Occasion Cases

Peter Riding March 2nd, 2014 04:23 AM

I had a good old poke around at the alternatives at the SWPP trade show in London a couple of months ago. My overwhelming impression was that the various disc and stick boxes were sooooo cheesy and vomit-inducingly weddingy. Trying too hard and failing. Something a kid might make in a craft class having been told to make something wedding themed :- (

I also dislike the tins you can get for commercial movie DVDs when they are sold as special editions or collectors editions. Does anyone really think that its anything other than cheap to produce packaging to give the provider an in to justify charging more? maybe I'm in the market where clients call a spade a spade?

I'm sticking to regular single and double cases. There is a good selection at Riviera Multimedia in the UK. I like that I can customise the printed cover in Photoshop per customer - and I print them as and when on my Epson 4800 pigment ink printer. And I like that I can also customise each disc surface per customer. Who really wants some scrappy USB stick with the vendors name on it packaged in some tacky box :- )

There is also somewhat of a question mark over the reliability of USB sticks. Recently I've been reviewing lots of DVD still image backup discs many from around 10 years ago. I haven't had a single disc fail to read.

"The Photography Show" is on at the NEC Birmingham at the moment (used to be called "Focus on Imaging). This will have all the usual suspects offering their packaging if any UK members feel the need to take a look at the alternatives.

Pete