DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   DVD and Bluray disc printers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/522323-dvd-bluray-disc-printers.html)

Wayne Starick March 25th, 2014 06:45 AM

Re: DVD and Bluray disc printers

I used to print my own on standard printable blanks, then 'graduated' to water shield blanks, but now I use this service to create thermal dye sublimation printed disks and the results are truly amazing!

Because they are local (to me) the turn around time is very quick!

Sublimediscs® - Home

Derek Neustaeter April 1st, 2014 11:29 PM

Anyone have any pictures of a finished product printed directly from an pixma inkjet or similar? Trying to decide if this is the best route to go?

Mark Watson April 1st, 2014 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This DVD was printed using the Canon MG5420. I put an original DVD that was previously printed on an Epson R1800 into the MG5420 and it scanned the DVD and printed onto a blank. The main difference in qaulity seems that I used to get a glossy coating on the R1800 DVDs, but the MG5420 doesn't have a gloss ink cartridge, so they are matte finish. I haven't made a DVD yet on this Canon printer by using a printing program.

Mark

Scott Brooks April 2nd, 2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Root (Post 1837851)
Epson Artisan 835. Had it for several years now and have literally run hundreds of disks through it (one at a time). Still working great.

I use the same one as well and have had nothing but success for printing disks; however, I do have a major problem with mine when printing to paper. I have a problem with it grabbing three or more pieces of paper instead of just one. This typically happens if I'm printing a document with more than just a couple of pages. I wish I knew what was causing it because it does work well with discs.

Kyle Root April 2nd, 2014 07:36 PM

Oh yeah, in terms of printing on paper sometimes it is flakey.

I don't usually have an issue with just regular printer paper, but when I go to print anything special like Photo Matte or Photo Glossy, things go all haywire and a lot of times it misfeeds and comes out slightly crooked. Other times the opposing corner edges get all kinds of color blobs on them.

But discs, always great.

Don Bloom April 2nd, 2014 09:15 PM

On my 1400 I've had trouble when I print Jewelbox cases. It's a heavy matte paper and the printer rollers just don't like the paper. It'll pull 1 then unless I wipe the rollers down it doesn't like the 2nd one on. I have given up using the cases, it wasn't worth the hassle and headaches, plus my neighbors got tired of hearing me yell at my printer.