DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   You film it, I'll make it cinematic for $5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/522394-you-film-ill-make-cinematic-5-a.html)

James Manford March 25th, 2014 03:30 AM

You film it, I'll make it cinematic for $5

colour correct your video into cinema FILM look - fiverr

Saw Phillip Bloom post this on his facebook page, had to laugh out loud ... looks like he will put everybody out of business!

Finn Yarbrough March 25th, 2014 07:30 AM

Re: You film it, I'll make it cinematic for $5

That's a pretty good deal, and for charity, eh? I could get our feature doc graded for less than the cost of a one-way airplane ticket. And I would do it, too, if I weren't afraid of the lack of flexibility that such a screaming deal implies.

In other words, I would feel like a total heel asking for changes or taking up his time with back-and-forth about the look. Or maybe his strategy is dual-purposed, and he is both raising money for charity as well as getting new customers "in the door" for later edits and new projects.

Also, what does it mean, "I'll make it cinematic?" That sounds like a plugin if I ever heard one.

Noa Put March 25th, 2014 07:45 AM

For 5 dollar you don't ask questions :) That means you send in the footage, he"ll correct it, sends it back and that's it, you don't get to have any reviews unless it's specified so you take it as it comes. Maybe someone can test by sending in some footage and see what results he gets and post a before/after on vimeo, for 5 dollar that's a risk you can take.

For some things it can be dirt cheap, like you have many native translators that will traslate any text from Dutch to English for instance for a fiver. which in my case could be useful for having my site translated to another language.

James Manford March 25th, 2014 08:22 AM

For translation I use Google Translator ... it's free!

Jeff Pulera March 25th, 2014 08:34 AM

Re-read the offer a few times, and it appears to actually be $5 per minute, not per movie

Finn Yarbrough March 25th, 2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Manford (Post 1838366)

Yeah, that works fine for Spanish maybe. But try translating something highly idiomatic like Russian, and watch how fast Google falls apart!

Noa Put March 25th, 2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Manford (Post 1838366)

I would trust google into translating the text on my website :)

Soumendra Jena March 28th, 2014 10:26 PM

Good!
Can try it to see, what he does.

Will try tonight!