DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   I said i would not put him in the video but? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/524714-i-said-i-would-not-put-him-video-but.html)

Steve Bleasdale August 29th, 2014 01:03 PM

I said i would not put him in the video but?

1 Attachment(s)
In he goes i prepped him three times and he blanked me now the brides gonna kill him....

Noa Put August 29th, 2014 02:24 PM

Re: I said i would not put him in the video but?

Around these parts I get this at almost every wedding in a church, I stopped caring, I just include them in the film.

Charles Newcomb August 29th, 2014 02:30 PM

This guy is why God invented squirt guns.

John De Rienzo August 29th, 2014 02:55 PM

If this happened to me I would have just joined him up close!...not ideal but maybe better than what you now have.

Vince Pachiano August 29th, 2014 03:09 PM

The ironic part is...

Crouching like that is not gonna yield a flattering photo of the happy couple.
The photog would have been better off to stand-up, take one well composed photo, and then move into the pew to allow the videographer to get them coming up the aisle.

Noa Put August 29th, 2014 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You think that is bad? Check this out this framegrab from a recent wedding, on the right photo the bride starts walking and I hope the photog will move to the left or right after his first series of photos and then join me on the altar but no, the second one (on the left) you see he walks further toward me and the children had to go around him. Shit like that happens and I just put in in the film, here I hardly got a shot of the little boy - the couples son (on the left photo you see the boys head sticking out on the left shoulder of the photog) not much you can do about it. I could follow him but then we both would be blocking the entire aisle and that I refuse to do.

James Manford August 29th, 2014 05:19 PM

That's standard in churches. Not everyone has the same etiquette when it comes to taking photo/video. I just put it all in the video ... so what.

I bet the tog probably got some nice photos though if he had a prime on the camera.

Chris Harding August 29th, 2014 06:37 PM

Hi Steve

...and this is what should have happened to your photog a few seconds later. Revenge is sweet

Chris

Darren Levine August 29th, 2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harding (Post 1859570)
Hi Steve

...and this is what should have happened to your photog a few seconds later. Revenge is sweet

Camera Man Felled Into Water Fountain while Taking Wedding Pictures - YouTube

Chris

i could play that over and over for hours. just deserts served

Steve Bleasdale August 30th, 2014 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John De Rienzo (Post 1859559)
If this happened to me I would have just joined him up close!...not ideal but maybe better than what you now have.

I usually do John but on this occasion his mate said he was going to move so i went to the back with his mate but he backed up like the one Chris just posted which has made me laugh all day hahaha...

Steve Bleasdale August 30th, 2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Hi Steve

Chris

Absolutely magic Chris... Hahahahahaha....

James Manford August 30th, 2014 02:31 AM

Quote:

Hi Steve

Chris

Hahahahaha thanks for the laugh!

Jeff Harper August 30th, 2014 08:09 AM

I truly do not care anymore. I get angry if they stand close and in front of a camera, which is rare but will happen.

If the photog is in the shot, who cares? It is not my job to direct the event, only to film it.

I can indeed get peeved if it's very obtrusive, and I understand it's irritating at times, but in the end it's really not a big deal to me. Yes, I wish they didn't exist to ruin shots, but they do and I'm happier since I accepted it rather than fight it.

I negotiate placement early on with photogs, as we all do. But I also tell every one to not worry and to do what they need to do to get their shot, but I am also very clear when I ask them to not stand directly in front of my cameras.

Photogs love me, and I like them. I get referrals from photogs and it is a decent part of my business. I'm not a cinematic shooter, and this is part of the reason why. If I shot cinematically I would get much more hung up on getting particular shots and life is too short. I'm 58 and I'm trying to enjoy some part of my life, not let petty annoyances eat me up.

Just my 2 cents.

I will go against the trend in this thread and state I do not find the video funny at all. It is an old video and has been around for ages, and I've always felt extremely badly for the photographer in it. The video documents somewhat of a tradegy for the photographer and possibly for the customer. I don't want to find it funny.

They are trying to do a job. I believe good photography is extremely challenging, and it must be VERY difficult trying to get a shot while worrying about being in someone's else's shot.

Rob Cantwell August 30th, 2014 10:24 AM

hmmm it's interesting the comments re the guy falling into the water, i remember seeing this a few years ago on a photography forum and most were sympathetic to his plight, some even noting that one person was trying to act quick by grabbing one of his cameras in an effort to salvage it from water damage. So it's all relative eh?

I do always remind my partner who does a lot of the walking backwards stuff to check behind herself before setting off.

I try and avoid including too much of the photographer, but if he's placed a few feet from the bride most of the day, well there's not a thing I can do about it, so it's left in, if thats what happened on the day, i don't get too worried about it either, yeah life's too short!
:-)

Steven Davis August 30th, 2014 11:02 AM

I agree with Noa. You can talk, agree all you want. But there are others you work with that won't care about what you are doing. I've run into more than my fair share of these people. I include what I can't cut out. I actually have a clause in my agreement that the photographer is responsible for being in my shot or not.

This is by far one of the greatest benefits of our company doing both. We are learning that clients agree. In the end clients want a nice product, free from stupidity. I once had a photographer threaten, yell, at me, in the church, in front of the two mothers. So when the sibling came around, I got that wedding and he didn't.

As videographers and photographers we have to be willing to put the client FIRST, and sometimes that means not the best shot. and if you show your backside by not caring, it will show.

Case in point. I think my video wins btw. :} .