DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   How Do You Respond to Inquiries? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/526687-how-do-you-respond-inquiries.html)

Ian Atkins February 1st, 2015 06:00 AM

How Do You Respond to Inquiries?

I feel like I could improve in this area of my business operations and would love to know how you all handle wedding videography inquiries.

This time of year, I am averaging 3-4 inquiries per day and 99% of my inquiries come in through email. Typically, I respond asap with a nice email letting them know their date is available and that I would love to provide them with a video. I include links to my reviews and video samples. I also include my package list and prices at that point. As a whole, my reply email is pretty much a cut and paste reply that I use for every inquiry with a few personalized sentences.

I then follow up a week or two later with another email if I haven't heard back from them.

A few things I wonder:

-Do you typically respond with email or phone?
-Do you provide your packages and prices immediately?
-How often/many times do you follow-up?
-Do you personalize each inquiry reply or do you use a cut/paste approach?
-How soon do you "give up" on the client?

What method have you found works best for you?

One wedding vendor I was speaking with says she ALWAYS follows up asap with a phone call. She is usually able to book them over the phone. I have thought about switching to this approach this year.

It would be great to hear your approach.

Chris Harding February 1st, 2015 06:30 AM

Re: How Do You Respond to Inquiries?

Hi Ian

I do both ..reply to the email and also phone her. I then offer to set a date to go and see them both as soon as I can ...the serious ones will set a date and you can book them ... often if they don't respond to email or make an excuse on the phone (or it goes to message bank) then I figure they were just "lookers"

It also depends on your website of course. Mine has enough info, samples and prices to allow them to email or phone me and say "We would like to book our wedding with you" ...If your website doesn't have pricing then a lot more work is needed before they commit to a meeting to sign up with you!

Chris

Arthur Gannis February 1st, 2015 09:35 AM

I alway respond with the phone if they have provided one.
If not I eMail them as soon as I see the message.
I do not provide any package prices immediately, and if they must know I say it varies from this to this and
but the final price is determined after we meet and discuss details at my place.
I follow up between 7 and 10 days, never later than that.
I usually personalize keeping it as short as possible but I have paste approach also and use it only if I am not
available.
I give up on the client 10 days after I get no response from my follow up.

These methods have worked great for me:
When I see them at my place I ask many questions. I find the bride-to-be loves that, she gets so excited.
I pop in some irrelevant questions like how many at the bridal party, how many guests, what color are the
dresses, who designed her dress and the cake,,,blah,,blah..
I found out long ago that there are 2 kinds, those that couldn't be bothered with details and time and
hire wedding planners and those who want all the attention and love to be in the spotlight answering
questions about her big day. The groom-to-be just doesn't care. So I give the her what she likes to hear..
questions. She must feel like a movie star being interviewed by a late night TV host.

Ian, getting 3-4 inquiries a day around this time is excellent. I don't even do half as much.

D.R. Gates February 1st, 2015 03:56 PM

I reply by email. I very seldom follow up. If they are interested, they will reply back to me.