now that NAB is done. (new camara) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 30th, 2015, 05:45 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: now that NAB is done. (new camara)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hayes View Post
Gary, I have been editing it for the past month, and side by side with the 5D3 footage, its got better color, and much sharper. I can see it. Sadly, clients won't notice it once it's graded, and it cuts together seamlessly with the Canon stuff. Since I shoot mostly event stuff, Ill start the transcode at night after I transfer cards, usually takes about 15-20 minutes using EditReady.
I do a lot of transcoding, and if you can transcode H.265 material from a full length event shot in 15-20 minutes, then you are doing something that is killing the quality of the footage.

And, again, since you're saying clients won't notice, what is the point of investing in a whole new camera+lens system unless it makes a difference to your bottom line? Sounds like bad business.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 05:49 AM   #17
Major Player

at the moment, i'm only shooting 1080p. not 4K, not sure if that's the difference in transcode time.
Scott Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2015, 05:58 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hayes View Post
at the moment, i'm only shooting 1080p. not 4K, not sure if that's the difference in transcode time.
Well, that makes more sense, though H.265 is quite processor intensive. Still, I use EditReady as well and it's a nifty piece of kit. Good to know it can handle H.265 already.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques