Which budget tripod to buy? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 28th, 2015, 07:19 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Which budget tripod to buy?

I'm running into the same issue as I describes above, with another tripod. The locking mechanism to lock the plate in place gets blocked by my DSLR, so I can't tighten the plate down.

Perhaps I'm not doing this correctly, anyone advise? I'm talking about this lock here.

http://i.imgur.com/4c7uEAp.png
Joe Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 07:37 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Just to chime in real quick to Joe who said the locking mechanism on the D&S hits the camera body. This is true but they are not only aware of that but designed it so that it works on a sort of ratchet system. You can pull the black part of the locking mechanism out to expose the bolt and move it freely. So the bolt stays in place but the black part can be reset and then put back on the bolt and twisted again.

This is a very bad explanation of the process but it is very easy to do and in my experience, much easier than the ratchet system on my 502AH manfrotto head.
Matthias Claflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 08:07 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Yes, I actually just discovered this. A little disappointed, as one has to reach under the camera body, pull it out, turn it, and repeat again until tightened...not good for times when you are in a hurry to grab a shot.

Another tripod off the list.
Joe Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 10:11 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Not that I want to change your mind, but I personally don't have that issue because I keep it so close to being tight, that it takes less than a full turn. But that may not work for you. That being said, good luck with your search!
Matthias Claflin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques