DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Help to choose (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/529530-help-choose.html)

Steve Bleasdale August 27th, 2015 05:14 PM

Help to choose

OK so a recent wedding in Greece, the bride n groom love both trailers and expect me to choose the one to play at a showing/stroke party for quite a lot of guests. I Like both myself but head thinks quick, short and out, any thoughts guys. Her film is ready in two weeks so i did not want to get the lot in, as i like the film to hit the nail on the head as it where. Steve UK.

Leon Bailey August 27th, 2015 07:39 PM

Re: Help to choose

I say go with the shorter one. :)

Both are very good. Good job by you!

Dave Baker August 27th, 2015 11:43 PM

I agree, go with the shorter one.

Was the island Skiathos? I recognise the bronze statue and what looks like Skiathos Old Harbour.

Dave

Chris Harding August 28th, 2015 01:07 AM

Hey Steve

Shorter is always better! Yeah I would go for the short version ..that has more impact and gets to the point! Are you showing it once or looping it over a longer period??? If a guest is on the loo they might miss just one showing!!

Steve Bleasdale August 28th, 2015 04:11 AM

Thanks guys will go with the shorter one then cheers, It was Skiathos Dave, what a place, had a break there after the wedding as i was shattered in the 42 degree heat. Cheer lads.

Steve Bleasdale August 28th, 2015 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harding (Post 1896341)
Hey Steve

Shorter is always better! Yeah I would go for the short version ..that has more impact and gets to the point! Are you showing it once or looping it over a longer period??? If a guest is on the loo they might miss just one showing!!

cheers Chris , it will be on a loop with a big screen twice, then played on my mac for any one wanting to see it via a click on the mac. Cheers

Steve Bleasdale August 28th, 2015 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon Bailey (Post 1896325)
I say go with the shorter one. :)

Both are very good. Good job by you!

Thanks Leon...

Steve Bleasdale August 28th, 2015 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Baker (Post 1896332)
I agree, go with the shorter one.

Was the island Skiathos? I recognise the bronze statue and what looks like Skiathos Old Harbour.

Dave

Skiathos Dave it was and beautiful and will go there again for another next years wedding client and will stay for two weeks this time as its amazing.

Leon Bailey August 28th, 2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bleasdale (Post 1896361)
Thanks Leon...

No problem at all man!

Dave Baker August 28th, 2015 11:54 PM

Not trying to hijack your thread Steve, but if it's of interest here is a short I made of Skiathos a few years ago. We picked the wrong time of year to go! Skiathos May 2012 - Video Dailymotion

Dave

Steve Bleasdale August 29th, 2015 02:11 AM

brilliant Dave...

Phil Stanley August 30th, 2015 12:55 AM

Shorter one for me as well