DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Indian Wedding shot with an iPhone (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/531015-indian-wedding-shot-iphone.html)

Steve Burkett January 28th, 2016 07:11 PM

Re: Indian Wedding shot with an iPhone

Aside that not everyone owns an iPhone, the fact is that mobile phones have been taking photos for several years. I don't see couples expecting Photographers to turn up and use their phone for their Wedding photos. When it comes to gear, couples don't care what I use. They are booking me to handle the responsibility of filming their Wedding. Why? Because their guests are there to enjoy themselves, not film their Wedding. If a Bride is going to rely on one to do my job, he or she probably is already skilled in Videography and owns some gear and I've never get the booking anyway. The addition of the phone makes no difference.

Noa Put January 29th, 2016 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harding (Post 1907871)
the last thing want is a bride to say "My cousin will shoot my video on his new iPhone 6SPlus .. it's better than your camera" ....

It's not the first time I see a guest bringing their 5dII or III with them while I walk around with a much smaller gh4, so what? I don't understand your or anyone elses fear that guests have better camera's or maybe produce better video then we do and if that would be the case that says a lot about your own work and it might be time to find another job. :)

Iphones or any video/photocamera will only produce fragments of a weddingday for personal use or to share on facebook but they will never replace a professional made weddingvideo. If a bride would prefer video/photos taken by her friends Iphone then let her be, she never would have hired a dedicated videographer in the first place and she is someone not worth convincing.

Steve Burkett January 29th, 2016 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noa Put (Post 1907882)
It's not the first time I see a guest bringing their 5dII or III with them while I walk around with a much smaller gh4,

I'm not sure I see a 5D Mark III as a better camera for Video than my GH4 - Photos definitely, video nah. More expensive admittedly.

Noa Put January 29th, 2016 03:38 AM

I was referring to the size difference, there are some that say it matters :)

James Manford January 29th, 2016 04:31 AM

DigitalRev just sent me a newsletter today saying the iPhone 7 is rumored to have a DSLR sensor / quality camera.

It just keeps getting worse ...

And then who knows, the iPhone 8 .. built in magic eye stabilizer.

Noa Put January 29th, 2016 04:59 AM

Lets hope it does 4K raw up to 120fps and has clean 50.000 iso, I"ll buy 3 :)

Why is that bad that the phone gets better video and photo quality?

Roger Gunkel January 29th, 2016 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Manford (Post 1907888)
DigitalRev just sent me a newsletter today saying the iPhone 7 is rumored to have a DSLR sensor / quality camera.

It just keeps getting worse ...

And then who knows, the iPhone 8 .. built in magic eye stabilizer.

I've just bought a very expensive set of cooking wear and kitchen equipment, so it's probably time for top chefs to look for something else to do. Oh and while I think of it I found some cans of spray paint in the shed, so there is not much point Banksie carrying on, he might want to move over to shooting weddings with an iPhone. Can I do some graffiti on you wall James, I'm sure it will be worth a lot of money :-)

Mmmm, (scatches head thoughtfully) I might just buy some surgical instruments, cosmetic surgery pays well!

Roger

Steve Burkett January 29th, 2016 05:41 AM

Oh how I so wish that filming a Wedding really well was a simple case of owning a great camera; how many of us trust easily our booked Weddings to other Professionals. I got a booking last year on the strength of how someone capturing the speeches with their phone did such a poor job with framing, the couple wished in hindsight they'd hired a professional and when it came to the sisters Wedding, that is exactly what they did.

Noa Put January 29th, 2016 05:52 AM

And probably that same phone went off in the middle of the speech while shooting vertically. I wonder if you put it on vibrate if that shows in the footage.

Robert Benda January 29th, 2016 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Manford (Post 1907888)

That doesn't make any sense. The sensor size is really the biggest issue for the difference between a small camera and a larger DSLR. I doubt Apple is going to make room for a bigger sensor.

---

I don't worry about an iPhone or Cousin Bob replacing me. Anyone hiring their cousin to film their wedding isn't my client anyway.

This promo bothers me because of how disingenuous it is about the camera.

This iPhone or any good phone or action camera make nice little wide angle slow aperture cameras. Nothing wrong with that.

David Barnett January 29th, 2016 07:36 AM

Poor Robert Benda... These brides will have their cousin shoot their wedding on their IPhone & just queue up Bruno Mars & LMFAO on their Pandora channel to save money by not hiring a videographer or a DJ.

:)

Robert Benda January 29th, 2016 08:35 AM

[quote=James Manford;1907888]
Quote:

Originally Posted by David Barnett (Post 1907895)
Poor Robert Benda... These brides will have their cousin shoot their wedding on their IPhone & just queue up Bruno Mars & LMFAO on their Pandora channel to save money by not hiring a videographer or a DJ.

I already have to remind myself not to get mad when I see "professionals" using unlicensed music. Don't get me started on the rest of this stuff.

/bah! fine! I do find it funny that, much like people always using the same 3 or 4 songs in their awful picture slide shows at wedding receptions at their peak, I notice the same 3 or 4 songs used in most of the unlicensed wedding videos.
//No I won't use Christina Pierri's "1000 Years" in your wedding video. You can't make me! I WON'T DO IT!
///OK, I'm better now.

Peter Rush January 29th, 2016 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Gunkel (Post 1907890)
I've just bought a very expensive set of cooking wear and kitchen equipment, so it's probably time for top chefs to look for something else to do. Oh and while I think of it I found some cans of spray paint in the shed, so there is not much point Banksie carrying on, he might want to move over to shooting weddings with an iPhone. Can I do some graffiti on you wall James, I'm sure it will be worth a lot of money :-)

Mmmm, (scatches head thoughtfully) I might just buy some surgical instruments, cosmetic surgery pays well!

Roger

I wish there was a 'like' button for ace posts like this :)

Dave Blackhurst January 29th, 2016 11:12 PM

I'm going to plant some grapes and make me some wine to drown me sorrows...

Eugen Brinzoiu January 30th, 2016 05:05 AM

It looks to me like an Apple commercial.
The video and stills on a iphone are way to FAR from what we call quality.
It just sucks.