DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Anybody been to a Bridal Expo? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/53147-anybody-been-bridal-expo.html)

Ben Campbell October 21st, 2005 06:09 PM

Anybody been to a Bridal Expo?

Hi everybody
I was just wondering if anyone out there has been to a Bridal Expo as a videographry/photography vendor? My partners and I have been doing various sorts of video work for the past few years and will be making our first formal foray into weddings this weekend. We are attending an Expo on Sunday and bringing along all sorts of goodies to show off our a/v and photography experience. We are going to set up two lcd monitors running looped versions of our wedding video and photo demo and bring several hundred copies of our demo including info regarding our package offers. The three of us will be handing out info and answering questions (I hope).
So if any of the experts (or aspiring experts) have any insight, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Ben Campbell
High Noon Productions
www.yournextvideo.com (under construction)

Marion Abrams October 24th, 2005 09:49 AM

I just did my first bridal show. It seemed to go very well. Each bride had to stop at each booth to qualify for the door prize drawing. The first lesson I learned was to expect less than a minute with each bride. But the second was that they were very interested and willing to take a quick look at samples and to be educated. They almost all left my booth wispering to their companions "I'd love to have something like that."

More than half took copies of my materials (a price sheet and business card), and about 1/8th signed up for more information. I was very pleased. The real test will come as I see how many actually use my services.

The other big plus was getting to network with the other wedding vendors there. Many of the venues had their wedding planners there. During a break I stopeed at their booths, introduced myself and asked if I could send them some samples.

A friend who is a successful wedding photographer told me that the bridal shows were her best investment starting out. She's to busy shooting weddings to attend them now.

Ben Campbell October 25th, 2005 02:30 PM

thanks

Yeah, I think ours went pretty well. We actually stayed awake most of the last two nights before the event duplicating dvd demos for our wedding videography to give to the brides. And we brought company demos (for our other services) to hand out to all the other vendors. We were pretty happy with the face time we got with quite a few people in a position to be spending quite a large sum of money on wedding services in the near future. We'll see when the phone starts ringing............

Ben Campbell
High Noon Productions
www.yournextvideo.com (under construction)

Vincent Croce October 25th, 2005 05:12 PM

Ben- I like your flash design for the website (although I know it's still being worked on). It was easy to navigate through all of your services and had quite a rustic feel to it. Good job. What are you planning on doing as far as sound goes?
Vin

Ben Campbell October 30th, 2005 01:37 PM

thanks

I appreciate the feedback. It's actually funny because we had just shopped the site around to a few web designers and the general feedback that the animation and navigation were clunky. We were planning on scrapping the whole thing and starting over again. I did have some audio prepared to incorporate in the site. It is just a 15 second loop of sound that seem to emanate from a place like the one on our site, but we decided it was too big to begin with and adding audio would only make it bigger. The site already weighs in at around 3.5 megs and we have been told to shoot for 100k.
Thanks for the input, though.
Ben Campbell
High Noon Productions
www.yournextvideo.com