DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   HDMI Player - Best Format? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/532045-hdmi-player-best-format.html)

Peter Rush June 9th, 2016 03:50 AM

HDMI Player - Best Format?

Hi all - I've started to use a Sumvision HDMI player to show off my samples.

Cyclone 1080p Micro 2

The problem is it plays back a little jerky for some reason. I'm using H.264 MP4 files, 1280X720 at 25fps so surely it should handle that? I've also tried 1920X1080 as well - same jerky playback.

Anyone else using such a device and what format do you find works best?

Pete

Chris Harding June 9th, 2016 04:51 AM

Re: HDMI Player - Best Format?

Hi Pete

I have a Playtronics media player ... By HDMI player I assume you mean HDMI out to the client's TV?? I just use a USB drive in being either a USB2 HDD or a thumbdrive and it plays smoothly either way. Format is 1980x1080 25P but encoded H264 at 8mbps ....maybe you are encoding the file too high??? Mine play perfectly at 8K encode so if yours are higher maybe try a lower encode???

Peter Rush June 9th, 2016 05:35 AM

Will try a lower bitrate Chris thanks

Roger Gunkel June 9th, 2016 07:51 AM

Hi Pete,

I have the same Sumvision player as you and agree with Chris, you can probably cut down the bit rate. I only usually use mine at wedding shows to play on a small monitor alongside the big tv. For clients, I put several videos in MP4 format on a USB to plug straight into their tv. I have the Sumvision with me just in case, but haven't had to use it yet.

I also take a cheap 10" android tablet along with me which has a USB socket in the side so that I can show them video and photos directly on the pad. That works very well and it also has an HDMI out so that it can be run into their tv aswell if required.

Roger

Peter Rush June 9th, 2016 08:01 AM

I've just checked my settings and for 1280 X 720 25fps I'm encoding at 6Mbps with a max of 10 - not too high then - maybe something on my TV settings.

Taky Cheung June 10th, 2016 12:25 AM

For the past year, I have been working with a software vendor and an Android manufacturer to create a HDMI device that will playback wedding films together with the HTML5 menus I created. Finally I got it done.

I have it setup the way it locks down everything from the user. It's a turn key system. No user interaction. It can only playback wedding films as I don't want few months down the road, the groom called me as he accidentally delete some system files.

Also memory can be format as FAT32 and NTFS (no exFat support yet). With NTFS, there is no more 4GB file limit. Also I tried 35mbps MP4 encoding. It plays fine.

Another great feature is, I set the USB Mass Storage function off. Now the video content can only be playback thruopgh HDMI port to TV. There is no way the viewer can own phsyiccally that file. It must playback through TV. No cannot copy it to computer.

Nigel Barker June 10th, 2016 05:07 AM

Taky, that is stupendous & your product has wider applications beyond delivering wedding videos. Lots of stores have videos running on TVs on a loop usually off a DVD player. You could sell a complete package of filming a business promo & delivering a POS (that's point of sale not piece of ...) device that plugs into the TV.

Noa Put June 10th, 2016 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taky Cheung (Post 1916189)
Also memory can be format as FAT32 and NTFS (no exFat support yet).

Are you sure about exfat? Just asking because on your website I read the following "TB Dongle comes included a 8GB MicroSD card that can be formatted as exFAT or NTFS"

Taky Cheung June 10th, 2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Barker (Post 1916194)
Taky, that is stupendous & your product has wider applications beyond delivering wedding videos. Lots of stores have videos running on TVs on a loop usually off a DVD player. You could sell a complete package of filming a business promo & delivering a POS (that's point of sale not piece of ...) device that plugs into the TV.

Thanks. This product is new. and new concept. Right now I'm aiming it at the wedding video industry. later on, I will have different version for other area.

The menu is generated by the menu system I created called TakyBox. well, there's a story why the name is called that way. But I use it at the end because the name is unique. So for this HDMI stick, I called it Taky Dongle. yeah.. more people make fun of it. Some even think I made up the word Dongle. I have BOX and I have DONG. my life is complete :)

So I called it TakyBox HDMI Stick

Taky Cheung June 10th, 2016 09:36 AM

There is an option in TakyBox menu to allow video play in LOOP. I already use the dongle at a bridal show. itis so convenient. No need to setup laptop, or bluray player. all self included.

Taky Cheung June 10th, 2016 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noa Put (Post 1916197)
Are you sure about exfat? Just asking because on your website I read the following "TB Dongle comes included a 8GB MicroSD card that can be formatted as exFAT or NTFS"

Yeah I thought it supports exFat. Then found out the dongle is running Android 4.4 Kitkat. and Kitkat doesn't support exFat.

I'm continuing to develop this product. Next verison will be using Android 5.1. Not only it will support exFat, it will support HDMI 2.0 for 4K output. oh yeah