DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   DVD print to center of disc (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/532260-dvd-print-center-disc.html)

Steve Bleasdale July 17th, 2016 02:25 AM

Re: DVD print to center of disc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Harding (Post 1917956)
Steve?

Epson have drivers and the PrintCD software at this link for the R300 ,, Surely those must work correctly?

Epson Stylus Photo R300, Drivers & Downloads - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.

tried it a million times Chris, when i download the driver it then asks my computer to update and find my printer but the printer does not show up in the dialog box to update?

Steve Bleasdale July 17th, 2016 02:26 AM

Thanks Taky, i have got the sure thing software and now printing great right to the hub, thanks for info.

Peter Rush July 17th, 2016 03:23 AM

Which version did you get Steve - I'm currently using the Canon DVD-Print software but it has very limited type options and no PNG support. I notice Surething 6 SE doesn't support direct to disk printing.

Pete

Ron Evans July 17th, 2016 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Rush (Post 1917989)
Which version did you get Steve - I'm currently using the Canon DVD-Print software but it has very limited type options and no PNG support. I notice Surething 6 SE doesn't support direct to disk printing.

Pete

I use SureThing 6 all the time with my Epson Artisan 837 and it prints to direct to disc just fine. For simple quick prints I use Print CD but for more elaborate prints use SureThing 6 as this also has good box insert prints. Cannot comment on Canon printers but I have used on several of my Epson printers.

Ron Evans

Christopher Young July 17th, 2016 06:55 AM

Watch this. It's based on an earlier version but will give you the gist of what the program can do:

Here is the program link to the current version. Free trial available.

CD/DVD Label Maker | Create CD/DVD Labels | Acoustica

Have never had a problem printing right up to center hole with any printer I tried it with and it supports a big list of printers. Not a bad little bit of software for the price. Plus they have a whole stack of template and artwork packs you can download for free plus there are some packs available at a price of $10.00

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney

Steve Bleasdale July 18th, 2016 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Rush (Post 1917989)

Pete

Pete, its the sure thing disc labeler 6 deluxe version 6.2.138.0

Nigel Barker July 18th, 2016 08:27 AM

Steve, glad you got it sorted & as I predicted it was a software issue. BTW I forgot to mention when I replied but I am guessing that it was leaving a 5mm white ring round the hole not 5cm.

Steve Bleasdale July 18th, 2016 01:02 PM

Thanks Nigel yes 5mm not 5cm, whoops, sorted now great big pic to the middle ha