Wedding Guys, What's Happening? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 15th, 2019, 02:59 PM   #61
Major Player

Re: Wedding Guys, What's Happening?

I've also discovered that I really am starting to hate the 6-8 hours it takes just to pick out music (aka find it) for these short wedding films. It really sucks. lol
Old May 15th, 2019, 06:19 PM   #62
Inner Circle

What's even more critical Kyle is that if you do take 6 to 8 hours to find suitable music do you cost for that in your pricing?? Even at a mere $75.00 an hour that would add $600 to the video price which on top of your normal costing can easily make you a lot pricier than your competition!!

I wonder how many wedding videographers have actually costed out a wedding correctlyand see what you really should be charging ? I found that to do a full wedding from prep thru to midnight comes out to a costing that simply makes your price out of the question. Next time you are free, try adding up the actual wedding hours you spend including consulation, travelling, on-site on the day and post production then add your standard business expenses like insurance, fuel and media and see what you are REALLY making as an hourly wage??
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2019, 12:54 PM   #63
Major Player

Our cost price, excluding wages is around £900.

So just to turn up at someone's wedding. Cost of fuel, electricity for charging, camera and equipment depreciation, maintenance, music licencing, credit card chart s etc.

So when we get those emails, that say how we should do their wedding for under £1000 and be lucky to attend their wedding I wonder how many other guests are giving the a gift worth as much as us turning up.

It's expensive what we do. It's expensive to keep reinvesting, fixing and to correclty store and keep their data.

I just done get those who we know use the search kit bag as us charge below cost price.

Julie has a little spreadsheet of our costs.
Old January 24th, 2020, 12:02 PM   #64
Major Player

It's been a while since I posted here, I'm on my 12th year doing wedding videography and to that I have added photography and photo booth services which really gives more headache and responsibility.

My marketing method is only through my website which is well optimised for SEO and word of mouth from my clients. I don't offer anymore highlights for I found it time consuming just looking for suitable music for the couple, instead I offer a full feature 60-70 minutes online streaming and also a USB, Blu-ray delivery.

For now, doing what I love to do is still okay but not as great 12 years ago.

Rickey
https://iclickfilms.com
Rickey Brillantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2020, 05:41 AM   #65
Inner Circle

Hi Rickey,,

Yup, still doing it after 37 years although my wife is slowly persuading me to do other things while she takes over the weddings.

We added photography as a combined package a few years ago and that has worked well for us, with the addition of a simple booth if asked for at extra cost. We do documentary style full feature with highlights as a paid for optional extra.

Most work for us is from our regular wedding shows, recommendation and Facebook/website.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques