Video hosting service (Dance Recital / Wedding) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old May 11th, 2022, 08:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Video hosting service (Dance Recital / Wedding)

I'm looking for recommendations on a video hosting service. I have clients asking for a way to access Dance recital videos and wedding videos online via a phone or a tablet. The DVD market has gone by the wayside.

My grandkids go to several Dance competitions where their video deliver system is all online streaming or downloading. At these competitions you only get the Dances that your kid, or grandkid, is participating in. I'm sure there are multiple companies that offer something like this, but I'm not finding anything specific to this via Google search. There are many, many video hosting platforms, but they seem to be for other purposes and I've not come across any that I'm know will fit what I'm looking for. I was hoping someone here had some experience with a particular video server/host that worked well for them for such a purpose.

Thanks
LeVan Moxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2022, 08:56 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Video hosting service (Dance Recital / Wedding)

Vimeo. They’re great been using them for years no complaints.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2022, 09:24 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Pete. So do you use Vimeo for the entire recital or do you use it for individual dances? Do you make your videos public or private?
LeVan Moxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2022, 04:30 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeVan Moxley View Post
Thanks Pete. So do you use Vimeo for the entire recital or do you use it for individual dances? Do you make your videos public or private?
I upload the entire performance and email a private link to those who have ordered a digital download. I don't want to get involved in managing and selling individual clips, but everyone has their own business practices.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques