DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Sunrise on the Beach (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/68638-sunrise-beach.html)

Steven Davis June 7th, 2006 12:03 PM

Update

The beach wedding turned out absolutely perfect. We had low wind, low heat, sunny. The ceremony didn't exactly happen at sunrise, which was 5:45am, instead it was around 7:30am when the ceremony started. But seriously, it's some of the best footage we've ever gotten. The weather was perfect. The audio during the ceremony is certainly within reason, and will need just a little tweaking.

I did however set my camera up at 5:10am to get the sunrise [which my bride requested], which also turned out very nice. I shot this whole thing in widescreen and with the ocean and sand on the wings of the center shot, I'm very happy with the video so far.

As soon as my b&g see samples and such, I'll post a sample.

A funny thing though, with a beach wedding you never know what you'll get in terms of back ground. So after the ceremony we were filming some other stuff with the couple and I just happen to look in the corner of my frame and saw this dude that had set up several flags and wooden ducks on the beach. The flag that caught my attention was the one that had skull and cross bones! lol. The bride thought it was hysterical.

Sheldon Blais June 7th, 2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Davis
The beach wedding turned out absolutely perfect. We had low wind, low heat, sunny. The ceremony didn't exactly happen at sunrise, which was 5:45am, instead it was around 7:30am when the ceremony started. But seriously, it's some of the best footage we've ever gotten. The weather was perfect. The audio during the ceremony is certainly within reason, and will need just a little tweaking.

I did however set my camera up at 5:10am to get the sunrise [which my bride requested], which also turned out very nice. I shot this whole thing in widescreen and with the ocean and sand on the wings of the center shot, I'm very happy with the video so far.

As soon as my b&g see samples and such, I'll post a sample.

A funny thing though, with a beach wedding you never know what you'll get in terms of back ground. So after the ceremony we were filming some other stuff with the couple and I just happen to look in the corner of my frame and saw this dude that had set up several flags and wooden ducks on the beach. The flag that caught my attention was the one that had skull and cross bones! lol. The bride thought it was hysterical.

That's good news!! What kind of lens filters and settings did you use to film the sunrise?

Steven Davis June 7th, 2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheldon Blais
That's good news!! What kind of lens filters and settings did you use to film the sunrise?

I used a UV filter and the ND builtin on 2. It was one of those sunrises that faded through clouds and such. Not really bright, just red.

Craig Terott June 7th, 2006 02:21 PM

That's great you had no trouble with the wind. Just don't expect the same on a different day! With my luck it would have been Perfect Storm category.

Looking forward to the sample.