DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   HELP with finding an animated background please! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/69436-help-finding-animated-background-please.html)

Kathy Kegley-Moore June 12th, 2006 09:14 PM

HELP with finding an animated background please!

Hello everyone. I just uploaded a rough video clip from a recital we just videotaped over the weekend. It seems that the dance instructor went behind our back and had our new "direct competition" create short video clips to play between each routine with the name of the routine and each student's name in that routine.

We knew absolutely nothing about this until we watched the clips with the audience. Needless to say, we were a little upset, mad, and hurt since we've videotaped this studio's recitals for five years and we probably would have offered such a service to her for free if she would have asked. That was a long 5 hours standing throught all of those clips thinking, thinking, and thinking.

Anyway, after the recital was over, my husband and I politely confronted the teacher and asked her who did the animated clips and she said, (name omitted), Video. She also said that they "created backgrounds specifically for" her recital. She went on and on and bragged about how they can personally create anything. Now the "text" part of the video with the kids names and titles, I can understand, but I have a hard time believing that this particular video company that's been around about 1-2 months created the entire clip from scratch. Plus, I believe this teacher could be easily convinced of that sort.

Now to my question: does anyone know if this moving background can be purchased somewhere?

I searched Digital Hotcakes but didn't see it.

It's not the best clip, but here's the link to a 30 sec. piece:

http://www.katchvideo.com/wedding5.htm

If anyone can help or has any info you can share, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Kathy with KATCH Video
www.katchvideo.com

Joe Allen Rosenberger June 13th, 2006 01:48 AM

Not trying to sound like a jerk but the clip you provided and I know you didnt produce it......but it was not impressive by any means. It looked low budget in my opinion.

Digital Juice produce some nice stuff, you may want to check them out and they sell various volumes.

If you ever learn to work in adobe after effects, the sky's the limit but that software will take some time to learn for sure.

Kathy Kegley-Moore June 13th, 2006 05:04 AM

Hey Joe,

THanks for typing me back.

Oh, I know it wasn't the greatest. In fact, when the kids performed all night, for 5 hours straight, their heads were all blue because of the projector shining in their faces.

The point we wanted to make to the teacher is, "that was not made, that was purchased." It's just a conspiracy thought my husband and I have, but we think she feels that this guy can create all of this and he's only been doing it a month or so. And if he can do that, we'll just let him do this production next year because he wants to get into recitals.

We want to fight for this studio and want to be able to say, that he purchased it, and if you would like somthing similar, here is what we can do for you.

So, that's why we want to find the clip if possible.

Kathy

K. Forman June 13th, 2006 05:35 AM

I don't if they bought that, it does look amature made. Maybe done with flash?

Rick Steele June 13th, 2006 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy Kegley-Moore
We want to fight for this studio and want to be able to say, that he purchased it, and if you would like somthing similar, here is what we can do for you.

So, that's why we want to find the clip if possible.

Kathy

Who cares if they bought it? (I mean if the client was happy with it). Even if it was purchased your competitor will simply say, "Well, yeah... some of the background is stock but the rolling credits took a lot of time to put in."

Sounds kind of petty to me to try and go this route of making liars out of them. It's business. It happens. In the client's eyes you were outclassed. Now it's your turn.

Enrique Galvis June 13th, 2006 07:27 AM

Like Joe Alle says, its pretty amateur. It could have been made with one of those home edition NLE's.
Absolutely Digital juice is best or if you have Boris FX (which sometimes comes bundle with NLE software) or After effects you'll be amazed at what you can do by buying one of those "After Effects for Dummiees" book.