DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Audio sync issue (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/77446-audio-sync-issue.html)

Janice DeMille October 14th, 2006 03:22 AM

Audio sync issue

I am trying to sync audio from several different sources. My footage is for a series of workout videos. The instructor wore a sennheiser wireless mic that was connected to my camcorder - PD170. In the background the music is playing for her to keep time too. I dubbed in the sound from the CD she used and it goes out of sync driving us both crazy. I've read that it has something to do with recording at 29.97 frames? Does anyone have suggestions on how to correct this? Should I record the audio into the camera and then capture it? Would this fix my issue? Is there an easier way? I am using Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0, Audition 2.0, AE and Encore.

I appreciate any and all help.

Devlyn Hukowich October 16th, 2006 08:58 AM

Sync stuff

Hi Janice,

How far out is the audio over what period of time?
Also I am assuming (bad I know) that you inputted the video via firewire and ripped the CD. i.e. no conversion to analogue at any point.

The sync stuff you are refering to with 29.97 frames has to do with film transfered to video and audio synced in post. Everything as described by you should work pretty well. The only issue might be an analogue issue or if the shots are very long a video/audio sync issue on import to Premiere.

Regards,

Janice DeMille October 16th, 2006 09:21 AM

Hi Devlyn, I am not sure how far out the audio is. The audio piece is about 55 minutes long and the video sections are about 5 minutes each totaling over an hour. It goes out of sync after about 2-3 minutes. You are correct the video was firewire and the audio was ripped. Do you think capturing the audio with my camera and importing with Firewire would correct it?

thanks for your input,
Janice

Devlyn Hukowich October 16th, 2006 11:07 AM

Sync issues

You could try capturing the audio with the camera and then importing it but my experience is that the sync will be even worse.
Is the video footage captured at 29.97 (regular video) or 24fps?
Also what are the project settings in Premiere?

Ervin Farkas October 16th, 2006 12:12 PM

Try simply importing the music and dropping it to the timeline. Sync the beginning manually, then grab the end and drag it to the end of your video (or where the music ends in the video, mark it with a marker) - at least this is how it works in PPRO - I've done it just last week. PPRO will compress it or extend it for you automatically without pitch shift.

Janice DeMille October 16th, 2006 03:38 PM

I captured the footage at 29.97. I will try to compress it in PPro, I took have stretched things but never music. I must have had a brain cramp, hopefully I can match it up.

thanks to you both

Janice DeMille October 17th, 2006 05:59 AM

I wonder why I do not have the same synch problem when I capture sound with my iRiver. I match it up and it stays matched.

Is there a setting in PPro to be able to stretch the music? I can do it by right-clicking and using Speed/Duration but I can't just dragged it. If I shorten it then it chops off part of the music.