DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   New Demo Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/91742-new-demo-video.html)

Adam Grunseth April 17th, 2007 02:44 PM

New Demo Video

I just put a new demo video up on my website. Just thought I'd share with everyone.

Patrick Moreau April 17th, 2007 02:59 PM

Hi Adam,

I'll give you points for trying something different, both in the music (was that actually the Spice Girls?) and the editing style. I thought your effects really stood out and took away from the clip rather than drawing the viewer further in. The stills flashing to the music was a nice tough though. It also looked like plenty of the clips had pretty low contrast, so you may want to boost that a bit to give it some more punch.

I'm not sure if your looking for comments in any specific regard but that is what I noticed first when I checked out the clip.

Sorry if that sounds harsh at all, but I think honest comments will help much more than anything else.

Patrick

Richard Wakefield April 17th, 2007 03:05 PM

i thought it was a fun, lively, uplifting demo - good job!

i agree about the low contrast, and also i would have maybe panned/zoomed (even if just a little) on all the b+w stills (as you do with the very last shot). You'll find it flows better with the energy from the main video clips

but as i say, fun to watch!

Oliver Reik April 17th, 2007 03:54 PM

Hello Adam!

Sorry that I have to say this - I didn't like it at all.

All the people look very stiff and not too happy. The lady in the first close up even looks like if she is thinking 'oh shit - do I REALLY have to marry THIS guy?' when she is turning her head towards him. ;-)

I was missing more and happier people that know how to celebrate afterwards. I also think the look of your footage could be improved. As already said above, contrast, colors and sharpness are very poor, just like from a 300$ camcorder. And - the shooting angles are mostly boring and far away from the center of action, as well as some of the scenes look kind of shaky and nervous.

What I liked (but - will your customers also like it?) was the idea with the music.

Regards,

Oliver

Adam Grunseth April 17th, 2007 07:36 PM

Adam Grunseth

I am not sure what happened with the color and contrast in the clip, most of the footage was shot with the SDX-900. For whatever reason when I compressed it to the flv for the web my saturation and contrast went away.

Stephen Kettyles April 20th, 2007 06:39 PM

Just in case anyone is interested the music is by irish girl ban B'Witched and the song is C'est La Vie. Had a couple of big hits and called it a day a couple of years ago...........hope you all sleep better tonight for knowing that!