DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   What is going on MVS 8 but Vegas is still at 7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/100273-what-going-mvs-8-but-vegas-still-7-a.html)

Alex Amira August 1st, 2007 01:38 PM

What is going on MVS 8 but Vegas is still at 7

I just ran into this...I noticed that Sony is shipping MVS 8 (regular and Platium) and DVD Arch 4.5 but if you get the Vegas+DVD it is 7?

I can tell you right now having just installed MVS Platinum 8 that there are some differences for someone. DVD arch 4.5 comes with 45 additional themes, Vegas(7)+DVD Arch came with a lot less on the disc. I'm sure there are other differences.

It makes me wonder why Sony would upgrade a consumer version first instead of Pro version.

Mike Kujbida August 1st, 2007 01:46 PM

My hope (and a whole bunch of other users as well) is that, when it's finally released, Vegas 8 will walk all over FCP and Premiere with it's vastly improved feature set.
Of course, I've been known to dream a lot too :-)

Cliff Etzel August 1st, 2007 03:26 PM

I myself await patiently.

OTOH, Vegas 7 provides everything I need - I only go to Sound Forge for the noise reduction feature to clean up my audio. If Sony could incorporate something similar to Deshaker in the next version, 10bit color space, and a better titler, I would be very content. Besides, the next version of Vegas will be 64bit - way before anyone else, and that is going to be a big thing for more complex projects.

Seems as though NLE envy has been ruling many a purchase decision of late.

Chad Ream August 1st, 2007 08:11 PM

I have been with Vegas since version 3 and I look forward to version 8. Since there has been new releases from other NLE - Vegas seems to be getting hit with many negative comments.

It will be interesting to see what the 64bit version will have to offer. I would like to think that it is only logical to introduce it with a new feature set that will take advantage of the new 64bit code.

Chad

Alex Amira August 2nd, 2007 09:08 AM

Well I've looked at VMS 8a and Vegas 7e side by side I'm trying to figure out if there are any differences. I won't count the regular differences which have always been there (VMS has track limits, no scripts and no nested projects)...

They both have AVCHD support (which Vegas 7 got with the 7e patch).

The search continues.

Edward Troxel August 2nd, 2007 10:08 AM

Vista support would be one. They said the next major releases would support vista.

Alex Amira August 2nd, 2007 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 722319)
Vista support would be one. They said the next major releases would support vista.

True. I kept that info back cause of the feelings it would trigger. VMS 8 it Vista capable (it even has a certification sticker on the box), DVD Arch 4.5 is also the Vista ready.

I've ran Vegas 7d on Vista and while it is not officially supported it ran. DVD Architect 4 would not run no matter what (always complained that I did not have admin privileges which I did....tried the compatibility modes but no luck).

When I was running Vegas 7d under Vista it was a lot slower than under XP. I went back to XP for that and other reasons.

Kind of odd again that Sony would come out with a lower end product certified for Vista (VMS) instead of starting with the high end Vegas.

I want to point out that I'm not trying to bash Vegas. I run Vegas 7 (and Arch 4) at work and at home and it is awesome. I'm just curious at the thinking behind the development of the product.

Edward Troxel August 2nd, 2007 12:14 PM

All I can say is be patient. Sony's already said it would be released by the end of the year.

Mike Kujbida August 2nd, 2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Amira (Post 722357)
Kind of odd again that Sony would come out with a lower end product certified for Vista (VMS) instead of starting with the high end Vegas.

Not really. Vegas Movie Studio had miniDVD support before Vegas did - and that resulted in a LOT of complaining on the various Vegas forums :-)