Black frames driving me mad! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 4th, 2009, 04:23 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I too would suspect that it is not caused by the processor, but I am using a Pentium D 945 3.2GHZ and think it is time to upgrade for other reasons. It is just a hope that this will solve the problem.

In my case It could be a memory related problem as the machine originally had 2G of memory, but one stick of memory failed last winter and I upgraded to 4G (all new Crucial Memory) Since then the machine has never been quite as reliable. I realize that Vegas can only use about 2G of memory with XP 32 bit, and perhaps having 4G installed is causing the problem, but I was under the impression that it will simply not utilize the extra memory. Trying new memory would of course make sense, but then it could be an issue somewhere else causing a problem, so considering all of the relevant points, I am trying a new machine and putting the current one in use for less demanding applications.
Old December 4th, 2009, 06:21 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I've had no black frame problems with Vegas 8c which I'm sticking to (It's working sweet), I'm very surprised to hear this is an issue again with Vegas 9!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...