DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Creating an enduring frame in vegas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/103794-creating-enduring-frame-vegas.html)

Martin Smith September 18th, 2007 07:09 AM

Creating an enduring frame in vegas

More than likely this will be a simple task but I have yet to acomplish it.

What is a good method to select a specific frame in the timeline and lets say have that specific frame last as a still for 10 seconds.

Martin Smith September 18th, 2007 07:16 AM

Was able to stublle up on a really easy solution...
just above the previre window is an icon looking like a floppy disk that gives the option to save snapshot to file.

This creats a jpg that can then be streched within the timeline...

Edward Troxel September 18th, 2007 07:21 AM

Martin, you also need to change the preview mode to "Best (Full)" in order to get the max size/resolution of the image. There's even a couple more settings you can change to improve things even further (such as deinterlacing).

To make things really easy, you can use a script to save snapshots. In that case, the script will change all the settings for max resolution, save the snapshot, and then reset all the settings back to where you had them.

Martin Smith September 18th, 2007 07:25 AM

Awesome Ed. This makes lots of sense I now realise that it is literal in the sense that it is grabbing a screen grab of that preview area.

Edward Troxel September 18th, 2007 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Smith (Post 746059)
Awesome Ed. This makes lots of sense I now realise that it is literal in the sense that it is grabbing a screen grab of that preview area.

Exactly. You get whatever size the preview window is so you must max it out to get maximum size.

Mark Stavar September 18th, 2007 09:10 AM

Another option is to set a velocity envelope, and at the point you want the frame, you just set the speed to 0%. This has the advantage that, if you want to adjust clip lengths, you can easily account for some adjustment to just which frame it is that you wish to freeze on.

Ciao,

marks

Edward Troxel September 18th, 2007 10:03 AM

I didn't actually read the first post to determine that what he really wanted was to pause video. Yes, I agree, I prefer to use the Velocity Envelope for this!

Renton Maclachlan September 18th, 2007 02:24 PM

Script?

'To make things really easy, you can use a script to save snapshots.'

Where do you get such a script?

Ian Stark September 18th, 2007 02:30 PM

Check out the second (at time of writing) sticky post in this forum - it contains links to collections of scripts. I have very little doubt that you'll find what you want in there - and a TON of other goodies (and some junk!!).

Edward Troxel September 18th, 2007 02:57 PM

Here's one such place

I have several free scripts on my site. Spot has several free scripts on his site.

NOTE: Scripts don't work in the "Movie Studio" versions.