DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Eyedropper Colour Tool - Bug/Problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/106929-eyedropper-colour-tool-bug-problem.html)

Ian Hay October 31st, 2007 05:38 AM

Eyedropper Colour Tool - Bug/Problem

Hi All,

I'm experiencing a pretty annoying problem. I'm using Vegas 8 on Vista.

Whenever I use any eyedropper colour selection tool (using, for example, the Color Correction tool, Secondary Color Correction, Chroma Keyer - happens in all of them), if I drag the eyedropper to select a region, it fills the selected region with all black pixels. This happens wherever I select on the screen.

The eyedropper works if I don't drag to select a region, but click only a point on the screen. However, when I drag, it selects/creates black only, and the result is that I can select either black (or complimentary - i.e. white) only.

Of course, this renders these important colour correction and some compositing functions pretty useless, which is annoying.

Has anybody experienced this in Vegas 8? If not, do you think it may be a but in Vegas itself, or in the interaction with Vegas and my video card (GTX 8800)?

For the record, I've been using Vegas 8 and Vista for a few months now, but have not experienced any material problems other than this - clean installation, new Vista system, etc.

Thanks,
Ian.

Edit: I just tried the same thing in Vegas MS Platinum 8, from which I upgraded, and experience the same problem.

I also tried the same thing on my Vegas 8 install on my Dell 6400 laptop running XP, and do not experience this problem. Tool works normally.

I'm thinking this points to some compatability issue with my Vista/nvidia 8800 system, but I'm not positive.

Matthew Chaboud October 31st, 2007 02:28 PM

This is actually an Aero Glass issue, and it's something that *should* be fixed in the next update.

-Matt

Ian Hay October 31st, 2007 02:34 PM

Matthew,

Thank you very much for the reply. Question:

- Does this mean that if I disable Glass, the problem should go away? (Of course I can discover this for myself when I get home).

- Do you mean the next Vegas update, or the next Windows Vista update?

Ian Hay October 31st, 2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Hay (Post 768005)
Does this mean that if I disable Glass, the problem should go away? (Of course I can discover this for myself when I get home).

Consider it discovered. Yes, the problem goes away if I disable Aero Glass. (In case anybody's listening).

Ian Hay January 19th, 2008 10:27 AM

Still not fixed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Chaboud (Post 768000)
This is actually an Aero Glass issue, and it's something that *should* be fixed in the next update.

For the record, this problem was not fixed in the 8.0b update.