DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Media Manager and Equity Thought? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/107074-media-manager-equity-thought.html)

Lee Kennedy November 2nd, 2007 12:11 AM

Media Manager and Equity Thought?

Well in the 11th hour i made the split decision to upgrade from vegas 6 platinum studio to Vegas 8 Pro plus the Cinescore bundle with 2 theme packs. Hopefully won't get slogged customs fees. From everyone I spoke to i shouldn't.

I went for the download version plus shipped components so I got to download it while I await the packaged version.

I just had a couple of queries about some of the instal files. One is for Media Manager. I thought this was just an intergrated feature that would of been installed automatically, yet its a seperate optional installation file. This makes me think there could be reasons to not install it. Is there? Or is it just to split up the download size of Vegas 8?

The other seperate install file was for "Thought Equity Motion Search". I have no idea what this is. Anyone know what it is?

Thanks in advance

Edward Troxel November 2nd, 2007 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Kennedy (Post 768772)
I just had a couple of queries about some of the instal files. One is for Media Manager. I thought this was just an intergrated feature that would of been installed automatically, yet its a seperate optional installation file. This makes me think there could be reasons to not install it. Is there? Or is it just to split up the download size of Vegas 8?

In previous versions, it was included as part of the main install. However, some people did not want it and, consequently, also did not want to have to download the "extra" size or cancel/uninstall the extra pieces. So, Sony decided to make it a separate component so that YOU could choose whether or not to download and install. If you don't need the services it provides, you don't have to download and install it. If you DO want the added benefits, then you CAN download and install it. Just provides you more flexibility.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Kennedy (Post 768772)
The other seperate install file was for "Thought Equity Motion Search". I have no idea what this is. Anyone know what it is?

Now, with just a few clicks, Sony Vegas users have direct access to every clip at www.thoughtequity.com. From within Sony Vegas 8, simply go to:

Tools > Scripting > Thought Equity Motion Search

and search for and download exactly what you need.

The Sony Vegas Collection

This extension gives registered users access to a free, updating collection of Royalty Free Clips, so check back periodically.

Storytelling Made Easy

Whether your project is an advertisement, a wedding video, a corporate production, or the next big idea, by downloading comps – compressed, watermarked, frame accurate preview files – you can try before you buy. It’s as simple as search, preview, and download. Then import into Sony Vegas, and if you like the edit, complete your purchase online and replace the media files and your work is done.

About Thought Equity Motion

Thought Equity Motion is the world’s largest supplier of online motion content licensing and management services to the agency, entertainment, and corporate production industries. Thought Equity Motion is the premier resource for production professionals who require information and support pertaining to the research, license, and clearance of the world’s finest film and HD content for their broadcast, cable, wireless, and other new media productions. For more information about Thought Equity Motion, visit:

http://www.thoughtequity.com

Thought Equity Motion Search Extension for Sony Vegas 8
©2007
Thought Equity Motion, Inc.
1899 Wynkoop St.
Suite 600
Denver, Colorado 80202

Programmed by JETDV Scripts (www.jetdv.com)

Lee Kennedy November 3rd, 2007 07:12 AM

cool thanks for the info. As suspected, it won't harm to add those components, so I shall.

I'm just being cautious, with all the vega 8 bugs reported, I'm waiting for this thing to explode at some stage!

Jon McGuffin November 3rd, 2007 10:13 PM

Shocked to see such high prices for what, to me, doesn't appear to be that great of content.. So generic..

I guess my next step is to open up a website and start posting footage and selling it for 1/10th of their price...

Jon

David Rice November 4th, 2007 08:03 AM

Does anyone know why Sony is sleeping with Thought Equity Motion, Inc?
I have talked to Thought Equity Motion, Inc. twice in the past, and wasn't very impressed.

There are so many better and cheaper sources of stockfootage out their.