DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 8.0A Update (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/110525-vegas-8-0a-update.html)

Chris Barnes December 18th, 2007 02:01 PM

Vegas 8.0A Update

I was on the Sony website and looked at the updates. I saw that there is a Vegas 8.0A update. Is this a recent update to Vegas 8? If so, has anyone tried it?

Chris Barnes

Jason Boyette December 18th, 2007 02:05 PM

Yes...and so far so good!

Bill Westbury December 19th, 2007 08:27 AM

I have been using 8.0a for a week or two and have had zero problems. Worked it pretty hard last night editing a church Christmas play without a glitch.

Bill

Jason Boyette December 19th, 2007 09:31 AM

I just did a church musical as well...with no problems

Mark Stavar December 19th, 2007 05:33 PM

All good for me. Did a dance school concert, 4 cameras from night performance, balcony shot from a matinee, all shot in SD. Worked a treat for me.

I love Vegas.

Ciao,

marks

John Cline December 19th, 2007 05:48 PM

The Vegas Pro v8.0a update was released on October 17th.

Suzanne Lucas December 23rd, 2007 04:35 PM

Vegas Pro 8.0a

Did you have to uninstall your current version to run the update? I keep getting that message when I try to download the update.

John Cline December 23rd, 2007 04:42 PM

Suzanne,

No, you shouldn't have to uninstall the previous version. Exactly what message are you getting?

John

Suzanne Lucas December 23rd, 2007 05:58 PM

It says that it already detects it and says that I need to uninstall current version. I had a DINK moment, I just had a thought and went to look at the version I have just tried to install and it is already the 8.0a. I went looking for updates because I am having a problem installing one of the componets of the software. Media Manager is not installing and when I bring up the Vegas 8 I get the message " The MSSQL$SONY_MEDIAMGR Service does not exist or the current account does not have enough privilage to manage it" I know it is because it does not exist because every time I try to install it I get the message "SQL Server Setup Unexpectedly Failed"

Chris Barnes December 26th, 2007 03:04 PM

Suzanne,

I had a similar problem a few days ago. I was told to do a complete de-install of Vegas(Vegas 6 at the time) and then do a re-install. I made sure that all files related to vegas were removed. Then the media manager installed correctly. After that, I installed Vegas 8 and then the 8.0 update. Everything is working for me now.

Hope this helps.

Chris Barnes

Edward Troxel December 26th, 2007 03:06 PM

NOTE: If you're going to 8.0a and are doing a fresh install, there is NO NEED to install 8.0 and then "upgrade" to 8.0a. 8.0a is a FULL install.

Suzanne Lucas December 26th, 2007 07:29 PM

Fingers Crossed

I will try the uninstall and see if that works. I sure hope so. Yea, I did not realize the version I had was 8.0a right away I was hoping that was the answer to my problem, when I checked the version, that is when I realized which one I had and that I did not need the update because I already had it. Thank you so much....