DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Cincescore with Vegas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/113867-cincescore-vegas.html)

Daniel Hoehne February 3rd, 2008 03:31 PM

Cincescore with Vegas

Hey again....am looking for a scoring tool for some documentary work I do for missions teams abroad. Any opinions out there on Cinescore being used with Vegas. I am looking for something EASY (not an audio guy) and seamless to production.

thanks
dan

Michael Wisniewski February 3rd, 2008 10:19 PM

Cinescore is fast, easy, and integrates very nicely with Vegas. Main thing is to have a lot of sound packs to choose from. Just select the musical variation you'd like and drop it onto a sound track. There are some options to customize the songs a little bit. Once you've created a few music clips, you can move them around on the timeline like any other media.

Next step up would be something like Acid, you have more control and it's a lot of fun, but you do have to spend time creating the songs. One nice thing in Acid you can have 1 video track for preview as you score the movie. There are also several Cinematic loop CDs available for Acid.

Renton Maclachlan February 4th, 2008 02:14 AM

I've got Cinescore and like it - very easy to use. Extra themes are a bit pricey, and can't increase intensity precisely where you want to, but great never the less. All Royalty free!

Mickey Grackin February 4th, 2008 07:59 PM

SonicFire Pro

I use SonicFire Pro for scoring music tracks. I have never used Cinescore but SFP has been around a lot longer and has a much larger selection of music libraries. They have sales all the time near the end of the year in which you can get some great deals. That's when I usually buy them. Smart Sound makes SFP and just so you know, Sony licensed the technology from Smart Sound to make Cinescore.

See news release here:
http://www.smartsound.com/press/2007...5-14-sony.html

Cinescore can work as a plugin to Vegas. On the other hand, there are almost 150 libraries of music and sound effects to choose from for SFP and it has incredible flexibility with what you can do with the music. Check out SFP at www.smartsound.com. They have some videos demoing the product. SFP is very easy to use yet you can really get down into fine tuning music tracks if you want.

FYI, Joyce Myer Ministries and TBN use SFP.

Chris Barcellos February 4th, 2008 09:01 PM

Mickey is right. I have both, and Sonic Fire Pro has a much wider variety available, and I haven't seen Cinescore adding any new stuff at the rate Sonic Fire does.

Bill Mecca February 4th, 2008 09:29 PM

Chris,

since you have both, will Cinescore use the SFP discs? since its based on the same tech...

Chris Barcellos February 5th, 2008 12:45 AM

I am not able to load the Sonic Fire Pro files into my version of Cinescore. I am guessing that with the annoucement that Sony licensed Sonic Fires material to allow access, that future versions will be able to.

Graham Bernard February 5th, 2008 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos (Post 820445)
I am guessing that with the annoucement that Sony licensed Sonic Fires material to allow access, that future versions will be able to.

WOW!!! Now, if that holds correctly, then THAT is great news indeed.

I use CS and use it very fast for just small bits of BG audio. One tip is to multi layer your CS stuff, this ways you can create interesting audio patterns. Don't forget you can also add SFxs to your creations too!

Grazie

Daniel Hoehne February 5th, 2008 06:48 AM

Thanks All

Thanks for the info all. I am checking out the SFP as well. Never heard about that one before this post.....thanks.

Mickey Grackin February 5th, 2008 07:43 AM

License Technology NOT Libraries

I think the agreement is only for the technology of creating sound tracks. I do not see anything in the news release that says Cinescore will be able to access the SFP libraries. I could be wrong but I did not get that from the article. May be this is what SmartSound intends to do?

Allan Black February 6th, 2008 03:56 PM

I use Sonicfire pro 4.5 and find it great. The do have sales regularly and what I do is audition their library, make a 'to buy' list and get them in batches of 3 or 5 to get further discounts.

I only buy the their ML (multi-layer) discs so I can score to the vision; it's much more work but fabulous results.

They have fantastic support, recently their release 'News Flash' sounded odd to me, they agreed and pulled it off the shelves. The new remix is due here next week.

I seriously doubt whether Cinescore and Smartsound will ever get together unless Sony buys them outright, that's what Sony does.
Cheers.

Chris Barcellos February 6th, 2008 04:56 PM

Yeah, release is really unclear as to what Cinescore is going to be able to do....

"into an agreement with Sony Creative Software to license SmartSound's patented automated music scoring processes for use in Sony Creative Software's Cinescore soundtrack creation product line."

Mickey Grackin February 7th, 2008 07:53 AM

I agree on Support

I agree with you in regards to their support. They are also very flexible. Years ago they use to sell a $50 product called Movie Maestro which was a stripped down version of SFP. They no longer sell it. When I wanted to upgrade to SFP I spoke to them and was able to pick the libraries I wanted with the upgrade instead of getting the two listed as included with SFP. No problems, no arguments. All they said was "sure, we can do that." I have called them maybe a couple of other times over the years and have always gotten to an actual person and got the info I needed.

I highly recommend SFP.