DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   What is online download time for purchasing 8.0b ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/116827-what-online-download-time-purchasing-8-0b.html)

Tom Roper March 12th, 2008 08:59 AM

What is online download time for purchasing 8.0b ?

Sorry if it's been answered, I did search for the answer to this...

How big is the online download size for 8.0b, the paid-for version, not the trial? The trial is said to be 114mb, but what about the actual version?

Is the trial version fully functional? Does it become the actual program once unlocked with a key, or is that a separate download?

Tom

Don Bloom March 12th, 2008 09:43 AM

The trial will become fully functional with the purchase key.
Actually unless they've changed the process the trial is fully functional anyway but only for a short time (10 days maybe??)
The 114mb size is the wrapped version for DL purposes-the files are compressed otherwise it would take hours if not days to DL. It's a big program.

Don

Tom Roper March 12th, 2008 10:51 AM

Exactly what I needed. Thank you Don!

Paul Kellett March 12th, 2008 10:52 AM

My vegas pro 8 trial lasted 30 days. I also trialed DVD architect for 30 days.

Tom Roper March 13th, 2008 09:02 AM

Is the AC3 5.1 audio encoder an extra cost plugin for Vegas Pro 8.0b, or just omitted from the trial version?

Mike Kujbida March 13th, 2008 09:25 AM

It's probably missing from the trial version but will be there once you install DVD Architect.

Paul Kellett March 13th, 2008 10:11 AM

Do you want the keys for vegas pro 8 and DVD- A ?
Just joking !!! hehe

Tom Roper March 13th, 2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

The Vegas Pro collection combines Vegas Pro 8, DVD Architect Pro 4.5, and Dolby® Digital AC-3 encoding software to offer an integrated environment for all phases of professional video, audio, DVD, and broadcast production. These tools let you edit and process DV, AVCHD, HDV, SD/HD-SDI, and all XDCAM™ formats in real time, fine-tune audio with precision, and author surround sound, dual-layer DVDs.
So bottom line, installing DVD Architect and the AC-3 encoding software happens after I purchase the program keys?

Paul Kellett March 15th, 2008 12:45 PM

DVD-A is a seperate program,you can download a trial of that aswell,then type in the activation key when you pay for it.

Paul.

Mike Kujbida March 15th, 2008 01:52 PM

While DVDA (77 MB download) is a separate program, the price of it is bundled with Vegas Pro 8 (114 MB download) so you get both when you buy the package.

Tom Roper March 16th, 2008 12:20 AM

Okay, thanks.

If I want to smart render with no recompress of the video, does the audio stream have to be the same as the project setting? So far, I've been unsuccessful smart rendering.