DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   When is Vegas Pro 9 coming out? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/119274-when-vegas-pro-9-coming-out.html)

Sherif Choudhry April 13th, 2008 10:47 AM

When is Vegas Pro 9 coming out?

Anyone with industry connections know about when v9 will be out? and v5 of DVD Architect?

cheers
Sherif

Jeff Harper April 13th, 2008 11:48 AM

I am anxiously awaiting 8.0c, 64 bit. I'm thinking that attendees of NAB might be told someting this week. It was announced by Sony for the Fall of 2008 originally wasn't it?

Don Bloom April 13th, 2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherif Choudhry (Post 859353)
Anyone with industry connections know about when v9 will be out? and v5 of DVD Architect?

cheers
Sherif

even if they knew, under the NDA they sign they couldn't tell you.

Don

John Cline April 13th, 2008 04:25 PM

Sony does not typically pre-announce new versions of Vegas until a few days before the release.

Sherif Choudhry April 14th, 2008 02:07 PM

You're right !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 859390)
I am anxiously awaiting 8.0c, 64 bit. I'm thinking that attendees of NAB might be told someting this week. It was announced by Sony for the Fall of 2008 originally wasn't it?

Jeff, you're right, the Sony Creative website has a news release from way back promising a demo with AMD, VASST, MS etc on a 64 bit platform at NAB.

Anyone from VASST gonna let us know? Lucky buggers i wish i was at vegas.

Sherif

Jeff Harper April 14th, 2008 02:54 PM

I'm with you Sherif, my son-in-law is there, I'm jealous! Actually I should've said by the end of 2007 in my previous post, as the news release you refer to is what I was thinking of!

To Quote: "...64-bit Vegas on Vista and AMD64 computing platforms promises to obliterate previous limitations and allow artists to create at the speed of thought.

"Sony Creative Software plans to release a 64-bit version of Vegas software by the end of 2007".

Of course, as always, my expectations are probably unrealistically high, but one can dare to dream...that being said I still think it should a fantastic move forward.

Michael Tobias April 17th, 2008 01:50 PM

I was at NAB this week and Sony announced last Saturday that DVDA 5 will be available in June. It's going to be designed for more Blu-Ray authoring and burning and it's including the AVC codec. (Oh yeah and it's going to be a free download for Vegas 8 owners)

As for Vegas 9 I asked the rep at the SonyMedia Software booth if they're working on a 9 and he said "I wouldn't be surprised" (which meant to me it's in the works)

Jeff Harper April 17th, 2008 02:14 PM

Thanks Michael for the update. The info about DVDA 5 was on this board the day it was annouced also.

Since they are always working on the next version, we already know they are working 9; probably began before 8 was done. Did you hear anything about version 8.0c, 64 bit? Anyone?

Since we haven't heard anything about it out of the NAB thing, looks like it will just come out of nowhere when it does come out.

Terry Esslinger April 17th, 2008 02:30 PM

This from a posting on the Sony Vegas board:
They announced new versions of Vegas (8.0c) and DVD Archicect (5.0) that will both will be available as free downloads this summer.

Jeff Harper April 17th, 2008 02:31 PM

Thanks Terry!

Roger Shealy May 13th, 2008 05:55 PM

Did I hear free 64 downloads? I like free a lot!