DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Help! Lost Event Pan/Crop Window! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/119409-help-lost-event-pan-crop-window.html)

Ian Smith April 14th, 2008 03:49 PM

Help! Lost Event Pan/Crop Window!

I can no longer use the Event Pan/Crop functionality within my copy of Sony Vegas Pro 8.

I THINK what happened is that in my rush to move the window out the way to view an overly large "Preview" screen I dragged it completely off the screen, so that when I click on this functionality Vegas thinks it's displaying the window (and is - it's just way off the screen where I can't get at it!)

Microsoft Office used to do this sort of nonsense and there was a way to reset the window position. Is there anything equivalent in Vegas Pro 8? I've tried googling the problem but the only fix I could find was about the window actually being 0 pixels high at the edge of the screen and needing to just drag it out again - didn't work for me.

Any help much appreciated as I've posted elsewhere and got no response.

Thanks,
Ian

Axel Scheffler April 14th, 2008 04:39 PM

I don't know a real fix in Vegas but I would try to set my monitor resolution down to 800x600 or something smaller and see if Windows is rearranging everything. Maybe you will an edge of your miss positioned window in this smaller resolution?!

Axel, San Jose

Hugh Mobley April 14th, 2008 04:44 PM

I have had the same issue, lost all keying, just re-install, you don't lose anything but V8 needs it once in a while. lets face it V8 is still buggy,

Terry Esslinger April 14th, 2008 05:12 PM

There is a restart Vegas procedure holding down some key combination that sets everything back to factory presets. Thats what you need try searching the archives. It has been brought up a couple of times.

Edit: Found it. Hold down Control-shift while starting Vegas. Warning any custom presets will be lost.

Ian Smith April 14th, 2008 06:03 PM

Thanks all for the responses.

Resetting the resolution to 800x600 magically brought the window back and I was then able to reset to 1920x1200 and the window was where I want it to be. DVInfo.net has saved my neck yet again.

Surprised at the "buggy" comment. Vegas is my first editing package and although I've had one messy "WriteException" crash while rendering a large file (my external drive seems somewhat prone to over-heating :() I've really not had any other major problems and overall have been very impressed with Sony Vegas Pro 8.0. Usability on stuff like Pro Titler could be improved, but really I've got no complaints - after years of using Adobe products I'm loving it!

And we get DVD Architect 5 as a free upgrade soon too. What's not to like?!

Of course, I reserve the right to completely change my opinion if I find I get problems outputing to Blu-Ray now that my new writer has arrived ;-)