DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   autoplay file before accessing menu in DVDA (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/135581-autoplay-file-before-accessing-menu-dvda.html)

Dawn Haynes October 10th, 2008 02:58 PM

autoplay file before accessing menu in DVDA

Hi there,

I have a customer that would like to have a short video file play as soon as their DVD loads, and before the selection menu is on the screen. I haven't had any luck in finding a way to do this in DVDA...

Has anyone done this before, and could you provide basic instruction?

Thank you,
Dawn

Don Bloom October 10th, 2008 03:09 PM

drop the video into the project overview then mark that as "first play" (there's an icon for that) it'll play then go to where ever you point it to go in this case the menu.

HTHs
Don

Dawn Haynes October 28th, 2008 03:46 PM

Don, a belated THANK YOU! That worked perfectly.

Michael Ojjeh December 16th, 2010 09:01 PM

I am trying the play 30sec copyright before the menu starts on DVDA 5, can not find a way to do it right !!
I have the copyright file as an AVI, I have no luck getting it to work no matter where I dropped it.
Any help will be appreciated !!!

Don Bloom December 16th, 2010 10:10 PM

Michael,
As I stated in the previous post place your first play on the project overview not on the timeline or menu page. If you put it in the project overview and mark it "first play" then you can point it to your menu

Ian Stark December 17th, 2010 02:16 AM

Just to expand on Don's suggestion - make sure the highest level of your project is selected, click the yellow plus sign (Insert Object) and select Introduction Media.

On my current project I have three pieces that need to play when the disk is inserted: a copyright notice, a liability disclaimer (they're keep fit DVDs) and an introduction video. If you have multiple intro segments right click on the one you want to play first and select Start Item. You will obviously need to set the End Action command to Link and the Destination to the next thing you want to show, eg the main menu.

I have made the copyright and waiver notices mandatory by disabling all the remote buttons but the viewer has the option to skip the introduction.

Hope that helps.

Michael Ojjeh December 17th, 2010 10:48 PM

Thank you guys for your help, I thought if you do a preview you'll be able to see that before the menu comes up, that's why I thought I was doing something wrong because I can't see it when I do preview, I'll try it on a small project tomorrow and hopefully that will work,
Thanks again !!!!!!

Edward Troxel December 18th, 2010 08:43 AM

There's two preview options. One is a preview "disc", and the other simply previews from where you are. If you want to see how it will play when inserted, do a "preview disc".

Michael Ojjeh December 18th, 2010 02:32 PM

Thanks Edward, I've been working with DVDA for years and never notice preview disc option before, I learn something every day, that works thank you very much !!!!!!