DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   I can't render a Rotated media and get it right ! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/136800-i-cant-render-rotated-media-get-right.html)

Michael Ojjeh October 28th, 2008 09:16 PM

I can't render a Rotated media and get it right !

I shot some media side way and got it into Vegas8 and was able to rotated on the timeline by changing the media properties to 90 counter clockwise, but when I render it the media comes out side way.
I changed the render template to every possible combination even changing the width and the height backward but still having the same result. Has anyone tried this before ?

Perrone Ford October 28th, 2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Ojjeh (Post 956910)
I shot some media side way and got it into Vegas8 and was able to rotated on the timeline by changing the media properties to 90 counter clockwise, but when I render it the media comes out side way.
I changed the render template to every possible combination even changing the width and the height backward but still having the same result. Has anyone tried this before ?

Go into Pan and Crop and rotate the media the way you'd like it to be. I just did this today with some photos that were taken on an angle. Came out beautifully.

Douglas Spotted Eagle October 29th, 2008 02:51 AM

Quote:

You'll want to set the PROJECT properties to rotated as well.
There is a free video tutorial from VASST on Youtube, search for VASSTTraining.
Properties of project and of media both need to be rotated for proper rendering/effect.

Mike Kujbida October 29th, 2008 03:26 AM

Quote:

I shot some media side way ...

If this is a still image, do the rotation before you bring it into Vegas.
It'll make your (editing) life much easier :-)

Terry Esslinger October 29th, 2008 10:21 AM

What if you shot a video upside down (low angle) and were planning to upright it in post. What settings do you need to do?

Mike Kujbida October 29th, 2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Esslinger (Post 957166)
What if you shot a video upside down (low angle)...

Pan/Crop has horizontal & vertical flip options.
Just right-click the image and select the desired option.

Michael Ojjeh October 29th, 2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle (Post 956997)
You'll want to set the PROJECT properties to rotated as well.
There is a free video tutorial from VASST on Youtube, search for VASSTTraining.
Properties of project and of media both need to be rotated for proper rendering/effect.

I do have the Vasst training for Vegas 8, and I did exactly the same setting as in the video,
* I shot in HDV 60I (1440X1080), project template
* I did the rotation in the project properties to 90 clockwise.
* I change the media properties rotation to 90 clockwise.
* try to render the output to mepeg-2 (video stream or Blu-ray) still getting the output sideway.
I am trying to get the output in a long way format so I can build a flash video player to play it on the web after converting it to FLV file..