DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   SD Card for Vegas? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/142824-sd-card-vegas.html)

Ray Paula January 31st, 2009 05:52 PM

SD Card for Vegas?

Hi,
I am interested in purchasing a Helmet Cam which uses an SD card DVR. Is there any way that Vegas can import my video? If not, do you have any suggestions of how I could? Thanks, Ray
P.S. The following link is what I'm looking at;
Product Listing -

Perrone Ford January 31st, 2009 06:42 PM

We use SD cards in the EX1/EX3. You just need to get your computer to mount the SD card as a drive. Simple as that.

Chris Swanberg January 31st, 2009 07:19 PM

Most good electronics stores will carry a USB plug in adapter that lets you mount SD, Compact Flash etc and the computer will see them as an attached drive... as Perrone says, pretty simple, and these days they cost around $20 give or take.

Ray Paula February 2nd, 2009 07:18 AM

Hi,
Thanks for the great input. I purchased a reader and all works fine. As always I appreciate all your help! Ray

Paul Cascio February 2nd, 2009 10:07 AM

That "Mini DVR" looks exactly like an Aitpek camcorder, except for the price tag. The Aiptek 720p sell for about $129; the 1080p goes for around $179. Thes accessories look pretty cool however.

John Cline February 2nd, 2009 04:24 PM

The product for which you included the link does indeed look an awful lot like an Aiptek Flash-based camcorder. One thing that jumps out at me is the fact that it only records at 30P. Anything with a lot of motion, like footage typically shot with a helmet-cam, is going to stutter like crazy at 30 frames per second. 30fps is simply not a high enough temporal resolution to get smooth video. Aiptek makes several camcorders that will shoot 1280x720 at 60 fps.

After looking more closely at the link, it is using the camcorder as a DVR with an external helmet-mounted camera. I guess you're limited to 30fps.

Paul Cascio February 2nd, 2009 04:40 PM

It's also not recording HD as it's using a standard video input (Composite?).

Ray Paula February 2nd, 2009 08:11 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the input. I have to agree, 30 fps isn't all that great for a helmet cam. I do want good video. I plan on using a helmet cam on both my motorcycle & snowmobile. I'm still looking for a good setup and I thank you guys for the info.. It definately gives me something more to think about. I'm going to take a look at the Aiptek camcorders that you mentioned and see if I can match something up with a helmet cam. Thanks again, Ray

Ray Paula February 4th, 2009 04:58 PM

Hi,
Here is a another helmet cam that I feel is better than the previous one. It shows in the Specs that it is MPEG-4. The following is the link. As always, thankyou for all your help. Ray
VIO POV.1 8GB Ultimate Bundle - Helmet Camera Central