DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   DVDA MArkers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/143214-dvda-markers.html)

Michael Tobias February 6th, 2009 12:17 PM

DVDA MArkers

Ok, this is weird. I have an 18 minute video that is completely done in Vegas and I have 13 chapters in it. Normally I just place in the markers, render out as mpg with markers, bring it into DVDA and everything is fine. However THIS time, I did the exact same thing but when I bring the file into DVDA, I get that fun little "DVD Architect has experienced a problem and will shut down" prompt and it crashes.

So I tried re-rendering the file again with markers... same problem. Then for S&Gs I rendered withOUT markers and Architect brought the file in just fine (of course without my chapters.)

Then to be thorough I navigated into the file and tried replacing the track media with the markered file and sure enough...crash.

I know I can do all the markers in Architect and I probably will, however I'm wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this before or if there any theories out there about Vegas markers getting corrupted in a render and causing DVDA to eat it?

Don Bloom February 6th, 2009 12:31 PM

what versions of Vegas and DVDA?

Don

Michael Tobias February 6th, 2009 12:47 PM

Vegas 8.0, DVDA 5... all the new fun toys brought to us by our friends at Sony.

Don Bloom February 6th, 2009 12:55 PM

might be a corrupt clip somewhere in the timeline.

Don

Michael Tobias February 6th, 2009 12:58 PM

That's what I thought at first but when I rendered it out without the markers there wasn't a problem. It's only when the markers were put in.

Edward Troxel February 6th, 2009 01:21 PM

Is this the first time you've done it in DVD Architect 5? Or has it worked fine in 5 before? Definitely does sound odd.

What if you build a short dummy project, add markers, and render that out. Does it do it there as well?

Is there possibly a marker past the end of the project? I'm wondering if there's a marker after the end if that might cause an issue.

Michael Tobias February 6th, 2009 01:48 PM

I've done a lot of projects with markers in 5, but this is the first time I've had this problem. I actually tried bring in some previous projects with markers and they all came in ok. But, none of those projects had over 8 chapters.

There aren't any other markers past the end on my timeline.

What I'm going to try is a variation of what you suggested Edward; I'm going to make a new dummy project and render using a different amount of markers, i.e. 9, 10, 11, and so on and see if there is a problem with the amount of markers.

Mike Kujbida February 6th, 2009 02:03 PM

Michael, my most recent project with Vegas Pro 8 & DVDA 5 had 26 markers and worked just fine.

Michael Tobias February 6th, 2009 02:29 PM

Mike,

Yeah I'm up to 15 markers in some old footage and no problems, so I think I'm going to give up on that. I think perhaps Don may be right in saying there's something in the footage, it just doesn't make sense that without markers the same footage works fine.

I love Vegas but sometimes when wants to be wonky it wants to be wonky. :)

Mike Kujbida February 6th, 2009 02:35 PM

Michael, this is a stab in the dark but there's a setting in the render menu somewhere that's something like "I frames at markers".
That might have something to do with it.

Michael Tobias February 9th, 2009 11:09 AM

Mike,

I found that I frames selection box and rendered out both ways and they both had the same results. BUT...

I ended up moving each marker on the timeline 1 frame to the right and rendered it out THEN it worked. That is so fubar...

So if anyone else has this problem in the future it seems the workaround is to move the chapter marker. I think I'll give a shout to Sony to see if they've ever heard of this.