DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Newbie Question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/144377-newbie-question.html)

Vince Genuardi February 22nd, 2009 07:29 PM

Newbie Question

Ok so I bought Vegas 9 platinum pro pack and i have a short video clip that i want to upload to vimeo. I went through all of the editing that i wanted to do but i cant get a video out that i can see. I click on the make a movie button and then save to hard drive. I have tried all different file formats (MPEG-1,2,4, MOV, AVI, WMV) and the file that i end up with is blank, no picture no sound. I dont care if it is HD or not. What am i doing wrong??? I was able to make a SD dvd with no problems but no matter what i choose for a file type to save to my hard drive i get nothing.

Thanks for the help

Vince

Chris Barcellos February 22nd, 2009 07:58 PM

Platinum 9 pro pack ?? Is that new ?

Okay, as far as rendering, check and see if you have "loop region" only checked when you open the render window. IF you do, and you have an area on your time line selected (blued out or within the loop area) that has nothing in it, you would get a blank render. I have done that a time or to, ending up with black footage. Thats my best guess.

When you are rendering, is the footage stepping through on the preview window ?

Vince Genuardi February 22nd, 2009 08:22 PM

I dont know the box says Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum Pro Pack. I bought it at circuit city because of the going out of business sales.

I will give what you said a try.

Thanks

Vince Genuardi February 22nd, 2009 08:29 PM

Ok i went back in and loop was not selected. I dont remember if the video was playing back during render but it is right now so lets see what happens.

Thanks again

Vince Genuardi February 22nd, 2009 08:34 PM

It works!!!! I think my problem was that it was highlighted in the timeline.

Thanks again for the help.

Bryan Daugherty February 22nd, 2009 10:10 PM

Quick note on software version...

Vince, glad you got things worked out...a quick side note. The version of vegas you have is the consumer version, so it will be helpful in the future if you include the "studio" part of the title when you reference it for support on the board. Many of the people here are familiar with it and many of the general questions can be applied to either vegas studio or vegas pro but there are some differences in the interfaces and the way the software works.

Edward Troxel February 23rd, 2009 08:15 AM

While I fully agree that including "Movie Studio" helps with answering questions, in this case, the word "Platinum" indicates a "Movie Studio" version. Also, the number "9" indicates "Movie Studio" as the PRO version is currently on 8.0c/8.1.

Of course, to confuse things even further, he has the "Pro Pack" version which, confusingly, does not mean the Pro version.

Bryan Daugherty February 23rd, 2009 02:03 PM

yes it is marketing on Sony's part that mucks the water up. True that the Ver 9 indicates that it is studio version today but in a year (or so) when someone searches the board there may be a Vegas Pro 9 to confuse things further. Identifying the version as "Studio" is clear regardless of the version you are on...for posterity.